UKC

Stretching new rock shoes, what works?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dek 30 Aug 2013
Ive seen a few threads in the past mention microwave, and hot water baths. Anyone been successful with those methods...( Just to ease them off about a half size)
 Jack_Lewin 30 Aug 2013
In reply to dek:

Outdoors shops sometimes have stretching devices they can do it for you, the way we do it is drop the shoes in hot water, inside a bag, with the device inside and let them cool. Might be worth ringing around your local shops. One of our customers recently had taken a cast of his daughters foot, cut it in half and put a thread inside it so it could be wound apart and basically did what we would do. Which worked if you've got the time and skills to do it!
OP dek 30 Aug 2013
In reply to Jack_Lewin:
Thanks for that Jack! Think I might nip into Tiso's with them, and see if they can do that.
 stonemaster 31 Aug 2013
In reply to dek: Wear shoes. Place feet with shoes on into pail of very warm water. Walk around in wet shoes for a while. Good luck.
 TobyA 31 Aug 2013
In reply to dek: wear them for short periods whilst climbing! Put a brave face on so your mates don't laugh at you.
 xplorer 31 Aug 2013
In reply to dek:

Depending on what the material Is and where you need them stretching, I've found soaking them in water for a while and then wearing them for as long as you can stand, can help stretch them. You have to dry them slowly so they don't shrink back
Kaizen 31 Aug 2013
In reply to dek: I've heard buying the correct size works, just a suggestion.
matejn 31 Aug 2013
In reply to dek: What works for me, is to put some thin socks on my feet and walk around the house. When it gets unbearable I'll take socks off and put shoes back on. I'll do that for about a week. After that, they are ready to go.
 jon 31 Aug 2013
In reply to dek:

Xplorer and Stonemaster have got it right. Get them wet and wear them around the house for a bit. Be careful not to overdo it or there'll stretch to much.
 1poundSOCKS 31 Aug 2013
In reply to dek: I don't wait for my old pair to wear out, then I can use my new pair for the odd warm up route, break them in gradually.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...