UKC

?Thoughts on Wild Country Hoolie 6 tent

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
jimmacfarlane 09 Apr 2014
Has anyone seen or used a WC Hoolie 6 man tunnel tent? I want a lightweight durable family tent for wild camping in the UK. This seems to fit the bill - only 6.9kg and is reasonably priced. They have just released this tent on the Terra Nova website and only sell in a few places with no reviews yet. If anyone owns or has used any of the Hoolie range, advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks Jim
 mark burley 12 Apr 2014
In reply to jimmacfarlane:
Looks like a rebadged camplite 5. I had one of those and it got trashed over a weekend at castlrigg due to wind.
Other tents managed ok.
I had it repaired by TN then sold it immediately after.

You can guess I am not going to recommend it.
 Totally-Normal 12 Apr 2014
In reply to jimmacfarlane:
Hoolie 3 over here. Bought for 80£ in a clearance sale.

Not really been used properly yet have had a night in the peak and a night at 6/700m in Snowdonia last December.

It not only looks like a copy, but also slightly feels like one. No big problems, just a few niggles. The inner is a bit faffy, you have to reach under from the outside to attach the back corners and its a bit flappy. Not relevant to the six but on the 3 a guy rope directly bisects the door which is a bit of a pain.

That being said, it has stood up to everything so far, and I will be using it for a while to come. Whether I would be as content as I am having paid full price? I'm not sure.
Post edited at 22:57

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...