UKC

Trekinn/Snowinn and other "inn"

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ally_McCoy 26 Dec 2018

Morning all,

I just got a pair of Karpos Express pants for a pretty good price off Snowinn rather hastly. It was only after i paid that i checked trust pilot and noticed a lot of negative reviews about the various "inn" sites. Late delivery, no delivery or wrong size.

Anyonr have any experience with them? Am i ever going to recieve my new trews?

Thanks in advance and please move to a different forum if wrong topic.

Hope you all had a merry christmas and have a happy new year.

Ally

girlymonkey 26 Dec 2018
In reply to Ally_McCoy:

I've received stuff from them with no issues. 

SteveD 27 Dec 2018
In reply to Ally_McCoy:

I've had loads of bargains from them, with no problems so far

Fruitbat 27 Dec 2018
In reply to Ally_McCoy:

Thought it was Steve Wright when I read the title.

CathS 27 Dec 2018
In reply to Ally_McCoy:

I ordered some ski touring bindings from SnowInn a couple of months ago, attracted by the big discount they were offering.   But a couple of days after I'd made the order (with over £400 debited from my account), they contacted me to say that the item wasn't actually available.  

I got the money refunded a few days later without any hassle, but it was annoying to have my account debited unnecessarily, and I had to wait to get my money back to be able to afford to reorder from another retailer. Luckily I didn't need the bindings urgently.

It was the first time I'd ordered from them, and I will be avoiding them in the future, even if they are slightly cheaper than their competitors.

Andy Chubb 27 Dec 2018
In reply to Ally_McCoy:

Search UKC for 'Trekinn' using the little magnifying glass icon to the right of 'Forums'. You'll see it's about a 50/50 split between folk who have had no issues and folk who have been messed around.

I am in the latter category and ended up raising a claim via PayPal to get my money back when my harness failed to arrive.

Trekkin have a 'chat' facility which you can use to find out where your order has got to. Not sure whether Snowinn does but my guess would be it does.

I wouldn't use them again unless the saving was irresistable, and then I'd use PayPal to pay for the items.

Good luck!

OP Ally_McCoy 27 Dec 2018
In reply to Andy Chubb:

The saving on these trews was quite phenominal.. i also used paypal so im glad i have a bit more leverage to get a refund of it goes Pete Tong. I did search the forums for trekinn yesterday and i did notice the clear divide in reviews. Even on this thread there is a healthy mix of feedback. 

Thanks for all the replies. They just updated my order status to "ready for shipment on 01/01/2019" so fingers crossed they dont hit me with a "sorry your item was not in stock"

On another note, slightly off-topic, just scooped a MH SummitRocket 20l vestpack for next to nothing off Ultralightoutdoorgear and itll be here tomorrow! Great service!!!

browndog33 27 Dec 2018
In reply to Ally_McCoy:

I got ripped off by trekkinn

bouldery bits 27 Dec 2018
In reply to Fruitbat:

> Thought it was Steve Wright when I read the title.

Niche radio 2 joke 

I like it. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...