UKC

REVIEW: Trekmates Caps - Stanage GTX and Shine

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 29 Jun 2021

Peaked caps - they're hardly the most exciting subject, but whether you want to keep the glare out of your eyes or the UV off your face, baseball cap style headwear is one of your better options. There are even those who like to wear a waterproof hat in the rain. Here we look at two caps from the Trekmates range, one Gore-Tex lined, one light and breathable. 

Read more

galpinos 29 Jun 2021
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

For those keen on a non-waterproof foldable peak cap, I've had a frontier cap from Mountain Equipment for a few years and it's excellent.

As a man who's more folically challenged than in my youth, headwear has become an obsession and having a cap that I can fold up and stuff in a trouser pocket is amazing. Comes out with me walking/climbing/skiing/all the time!

Doug 29 Jun 2021

Even if I have my hood up due to rain/snow I'll often still be wearing a peaked cap as it helps keep the rain/snow of my specs (without which I can't see much   )

mrjonathanr 29 Jun 2021
In reply to galpinos:

Me too. Folds into a pocket, adjusts and inexpensive. 

Basemetal 29 Jun 2021

As a regular brimmed hat wearer I find the shortcoming of most caps is lack of sun protection for the top and back of your ears. If they were just a little roomier to go over the ear they'd save messing with sun cream. The foreign legion look is one solution, but quite a different aesthetic. A cap on top of a buff might work, but that's getting a bit faffy - tho delivers versatile options. 

I've got a very hot head so the shine looks good but the colours are pretty boring. Does anyone have a recommendation for something similar but brighter?

benp1 29 Jun 2021

I wear caps a lot in the outdoors. Main two at the moment, if it's not a beanie, is a TNF waterproof one or a mountain equipment squall cap. Brim folds down and it's a light softshell style material. A few colours available, although I'd love a red one as well

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...