UKC

Trespass

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 7979jules 15 Feb 2013
Has tried and tested the trespass ramirez pack down jacket its half price at decathlon stores and I was wondering is it for good reason, or is it a good deal although the brand itself is that good.
Removed User 15 Feb 2013
In reply to 7979jules:

Trespass, is a fairly good brand, but personal experience, with their down garments means I won't buy one. For reasons of fit Mrs57 bought two different styles of down outerwear. A short one, and a long one. In a very short time the down started to find its way out through the material, on both items; one worse than the other, the worse of the two resulted in her looking like she had been in a pillow fight by the time she wore it for the fourth time. That one went into the charity box just before xmas, she is perservering with the other one, but is wearing it less and less (visit to the charity box looming ever near). Hope that helps.
Removed User 15 Feb 2013
In reply to 7979jules:

I might add that she did not buy them from Decathlon. However, they are genuine Trespass.
OP 7979jules 15 Feb 2013
In reply to Removed User:
> (In reply to Removed User7979jules)
>
> Trespass, is a fairly good brand, but personal experience, with their down garments means I won't buy one. For reasons of fit Mrs57 bought two different styles of down outerwear. A short one, and a long one. In a very short time the down started to find its way out through the material, on both items; one worse than the other, the worse of the two resulted in her looking like she had been in a pillow fight by the time she wore it for the fourth time. That one went into the charity box just before xmas, she is perservering with the other one, but is wearing it less and less (visit to the charity box looming ever near). Hope that helps.

Nice one rocky57 will look else where for a higher spec down cheers.
In reply to Removed User:

> Trespass, is a fairly good brand

I'm afraid I disagree; Trespass is a pretty low-end brand, judging by the design, materials and manufacturing quality. If you want budget skiwear, then okay, but I'd look elsewhere for decent outdoor clothing.

And that's from someone who has clothing ranging from Aldi/Lidl/Peter Storm up to Arc'teryx; there isn't a single piece of Trespass clothing in my very large wardrobe, even when tempted by silly prices at TK Maxx.

If you want cheap, reasonable quality down wear, take a look at the Peter Storm hooded down gilet in Millets, now being knocked out at £15 or £20, depending on branch and colour. Not the world's greatest, but probably better than the over-stuffed TNF Numpte gilets they're selling at £130. And £15...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...