UKC

Umbrella

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Cheese Monkey 31 Dec 2017
Having destroyed several cheap umbrellas this year in wind I'm looking to get a decent 'windproof' one. Any suggestions?
 Dave the Rave 31 Dec 2017
In reply to Cheese Monkey:

Cant remember the name but have a look at Nicholas Cranes hillwalking umbrella, or that Mary Poppins one kept out a good storm .

> Having destroyed several cheap umbrellas this year in wind I'm looking to get a decent 'windproof' one. Any suggestions?

How about a coat ?
OP Cheese Monkey 31 Dec 2017
In reply to yesbutnobutyesbut:

How about a helpful suggestion?
In reply to Dave the Rave:

If I knew what it was I’d have it he always seems to have it with him!
 Pedro50 31 Dec 2017

There doesn't seem to be a Nick Crane umbrella like you could get a Bear Grills hunting knife - clearly a missed marketing opportunity. Senz seem highly rated and then Amazon led me to the cheaper TopElek.

Interested as I have often thought about carrying one when walking.

> How about a helpful suggestion?

A coat with a hood?

> If I knew what it was I’d have it he always seems to have it with him!

Im reasonably sure its a Senz

Could be one of these though.

It may well be the company that supplies mr crane, it does mention in the book that the company sells many to mr fulton. and having just looked on there website

http://www.fultonumbrellas.com/fulto...php/cPath/2_12

they look the same... well i suppose they would in an umbrella sort of way.
 Fraser 31 Dec 2017

Like you, I got fed up having to buy numerous cheap replacement brollies. About 4 years ago now, I got a decent Nike golf brolly which cost about £25 but was money well spent. It's a double canopy design, so there's a split all the way round between the outer 'rim' panels and the smaller, more central panels. I think the theory to this is that the wind can pass through the brolly and this prevents it being blown inside out. It's also sprung, button-operated so is ideal for when you're getting off a train with bags and it's pouring outside.
 The Lemming 31 Dec 2017
You need look no further than Blunt Umbrellas. I have bought two of them and have not been disapointed by their materials or use in foul weather walking the dog.

https://uk.bluntumbrellas.com/

I got the Classic's
Post edited at 19:53
 tjin 31 Dec 2017
In reply to Fraser:

i have similair umbrella's with vent holes, works great and leave lots of coverage. You can also get the senz strom umbrella, but that one uses aerodynamic to solve the wind issue; however pretty limited in coverage.
In reply to Ciro:

I have a suspicion that is the most expensive umbrella you could find... Looks nice mind

After much research, this was my choice:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0011Q03UE/ref=pe_385721_37038051_pe_217191_310...

Fulton Stormshield - strong fibreglass frame with vents, so that it doesn't get destroyed by gales. Decent size but not so absurdly big that using it on city streets is terribly selfish.
 sleavesley 01 Jan 2018

Fulton as previously mentioned.
In a previous form to current they tested it at 65mph wind to ensure it coped.
I have a smaller version that I keep in the glovebox for my walk from the car park into work.
I’m more than happy with it and would probably get the storm shield for the back of the family car.
 RR 01 Jan 2018
I bought one of these in the Netherlands. Lately I bought the foldable version, which is heavy and sturdy.
https://www.senz.com/nl/ontdek/ontdek-onze-stormparaplus/

Steve Hayward 02 Jan 2018
In reply to Dave the Rave:

I have one of these. Good quality kit.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...