UKC

Unparrallel Uplace LV Heel issue

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Danbow73 01 May 2023

Just ondering if anybody had an isues with the heels being loose? On my 4th pair but the last set I Just ordered seem slop about loads - more than my broken ones in for sure.

Trying to work out if it's a wider issue or I just got unlucky

Post edited at 23:01
 Mick B 02 May 2023
In reply to Danbow73:

Yes.  I'm just breaking in a new pair and I'm noticing exactly the same thing.

OP Danbow73 02 May 2023
In reply to Mick B:

Are you finding it a problem when climbing? I haven't worn my to climb yet so debating returning them

James MacLeod 02 May 2023
In reply to Danbow73:

Not noticed any heel movement, although I have noticed I'm having to cinch my third pair right down to the max, resulting in ridiculous long laces that I have to double or triple up to avoid tripping over myself. I'm wondering if the sizing/quality control has slightly altered since my last pair?

Mick B 03 May 2023
In reply to Danbow73:

Yes.  I was working a route at the weekend and found myself hanging on the rope trying to get a bit more tightness on the laces.

Like James says, it seems with the new pair that I'm tightening the laces right to the max to keep them snug.  

I'll be shopping around for something different for my next pair.

Bring back the Blanco's.

TXG 03 May 2023
In reply to Danbow73:

Interesting, is this issue just in the LV's or has anyone experienced this with the blues?

Thanks

Tom

patsaunders 03 May 2023
In reply to Danbow73: Hello Pat here from Dark Ventures we are the U.K. distributor for Unparallel. We have not heard of this issue with the heal on the Lace LV and we are looking into this immediately also I will speak to the quality control person today to raise the issue. Feel free to contact us directly and we can also keep you updated on the feedback we receive from Unparallel.

eaf4 03 May 2023
In reply to Danbow73:

I went from 7.5 in the blues to 8 in the LV and they were fine at the end of last season, but I noticed myself reaching for my miuras again at the weekend, as the heel felt a bit baggy. Could just be normal bagging out and not fitting me right though? 7.5 just too short for my feet for all day use, thought the LVs in 8 had solved it.

yllo 03 May 2023
In reply to Danbow73:

Yes, same thing. I have to cinch them really tight to get them to fit. The tightness totally changes the characteristics of the shoe, much to their detriment.

For me the heel feels like it sits much lower, biting into the apex of the bulb of the heel rather than cupping it higher up. If that makes sense.

Post edited at 17:06
In reply to Mick B:

Yep please bring back Blancos.

I used my Unparralel Uplace low volume shoes (bought last year or possibly the year before) for the first time outdoors today. They felt good but certainly not as stiff as Blancos, I’ve a feeling the uppers are going to stretch a lot.

tspoon1981 03 May 2023
In reply to Christheclimber:

I've been wearing the Blues since Mid-january, they're incredibly comfy, but have now become the softest shoe I've ever owned. Nowhere near as stiff as the blancos and I wore my blancos far more and got years from them without them going floppy. Luckily I managed to pick up an original, unworn, pair of blancos for £40 on fleabay so I have my replacement shoe sorted.

Has anyone tried the Tulson Tolf Out shoe?

https://www.tulsontolf.com/out-men/

OP Danbow73 03 May 2023
In reply to yllo:

Makes perfect sense. Thats what i think I was getting at but explained badly

OP Danbow73 03 May 2023
In reply to patsaunders:

Hi Pat,

Thanks for your reply, I've attached a couple of pics which I hope explains the issue (both are the the same size, brought 12 months apart)

The heel seems to be shaped differently on the new ones which means it doesnt cinch in above the heel. I understand they'll change when they are broken in but this is my 4th pair and these didn't feel right straight away. 

I should add these have been my perfect trad shoes, so hoping this is resolved so I can keep getting them

patsaunders 04 May 2023
In reply to Danbow73: Many thanks for this info it is really helpful. We gone through some stock here in the warehouse and noted a similar change. We have asked UP if this is a manufacturing error and are currently waiting a for response. 

James MacLeod 04 May 2023
In reply to patsaunders:

That'd be great if you can get to the bottom of the issue. I love my lace ups, and it has taken years to settle on these, so I really don't want to have to start the hunt for another shoe.

Mick B 04 May 2023
In reply to James MacLeod:

Totally agree.  First couple of pairs have been brilliant.

TXG 05 May 2023
In reply to Danbow73:

Just received a new pair of Up Lace blues. Unfortunately as others have reported with the LV's there's no tension in the heel. They'll be going right back.

Real shame as I loved the Up Laces. Will need to find an alternative pretty sharpish as I'm nearly through my last pair.

OP Danbow73 05 May 2023
In reply to patsaunders:

Thanks for the quick response, did you hear anything back and is it a consistent change you are seeing or is it on some and not others? 

Hoping to get another pair but don't want to spend the time getting them if the other pairs are all the same!.

OP Danbow73 11 May 2023
In reply to Danbow73:

Just to update - I went back to v12 and swapped them for another pair that fit better but still aren't as good as the first 3 pairs I've had. 

Looks like there's some issues with QC which is a bit disappointing as they were previously great shoes. I was also considering getting my last pair resoled but the insides have started to fall apart after only a year of use which didn't happen to the first pair.

patsaunders 11 May 2023
In reply to Danbow73:

Hello,

A quick update on this issue, we have been in contact with Unparallel and they are looking into a manufacturing error. We have just returned sample shoes to the factory showing the issues. 
Once they have received these and they have been examined we hope to have more concrete answer to what and how this happened and how it is going to be resolved.

James MacLeod 11 May 2023
In reply to patsaunders:

Hi Pat,

Thanks for looking into this for us. I love these shoes, and this is my third pair of many more to come I hope. Look forward to hear what they have to say on the issue.

James

TXG 12 May 2023

Yes. I'd second that. They're a brilliant all round shoe. I use them for everything from bouldering to trad. Hope the QC issues get sorted out.

Off to try and find (hopefully) a stopgap shoe to see me through until the up laces are back to their usual standard.

Tom

James MacLeod 12 May 2023
In reply to TXG:

I'm hoping I can rely on re-soling my two other pairs until they (hopefully) sort the QC issue. Cheshire shoe repairs did a really decent job on both the pairs I had done

Salm0n 12 May 2023

I sent two pairs off to them recently and real disappointed. One I sent off before it needed doing but I wanted it ready for the season and they did an unnecessary rand repair. The other they cut into the rand when trimming the sole so the inner material is showing.

hms 13 May 2023
In reply to TXG:

I was in exactly the same position due to supply issues and ended up buying Tenaya Masai shoes. I've been extremely impressed with them so doubt I'll be going back to unparallel tbh.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...