UKC

Walking Boot recomendations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TommyC 30 Jan 2013
Alright dudes

I'm off to buy my first set of decent walking boots tomorrow, I have really narrow feet, I have found in the past with military boots my toes always bash the end of the boots when going downhill as they don't hold my feet securely enough.

Can anyone recommend any particular brands or models suited to narrow feet? Just as a start point that may save me from trying on every pair of boots in the shop!
 minimike 31 Jan 2013
In reply to TommyC:

Scarpa?
 LaMentalist 31 Jan 2013
In reply to TommyC:

I was going to suggest Scarpa too , not had any of the walking boots but have had a few pairs of their rock shoes & they are always very tight on my weird size 11.5 x 4.0 wide feet .

Have you considered trying womens sizes if can get them long enough ? No seriously always seem to have better colours too .

If you can get your feet measured properly too even if it means going into the dingy old Clarks shop around the corner .

Cant emphasize how important proper walking socks are too , worth spending good money on them it can make all the difference .

I usually end up going for Salomon boots because they usually fit the best & no other reason , these can be on my feet for upto 18 hours a day & still feel comfy .
 MonkeyPuzzle 31 Jan 2013
In reply to TommyC:

Asolo are worth a punt as well. Also consider some inserts to reduce the overall volume as well. Try on as many pairs as you can.

Looking for synthetic boots or leather?
 craig1983 31 Jan 2013
In reply to TommyC:

La Sportiva tend to be a bit narrower... I'm going to the shops tomorrow to buy a pair of LS Trango Alps
molly2202 31 Jan 2013
In reply to TommyC: Meindl Vakuum with the Memory Foam system....
In reply to TommyC:
Depending on how big your feet are consider trying on some women specific boots, they tend to go upto about an 8 in most shops and generally have lower volume. I have the ladies Asolo Alpinist boots and they look identical to the mens' version and no-one would know my shame of wearing girly boots if the other half wasn't so keen to point it out to everyone she can!
My summer boots are AKU - not stocked in many of the chain shops but are certainly narrower than others I've tried and might be worth a try if you see them.
No real alternative to just trying lots of pairs on - fingers should be bleeding after all the lacing and unlacing after a boot shopping trip. Also try different lacing patterns, this can make a big difference to the fit around the ankle.
 Pero 31 Jan 2013
In reply to TommyC: Scarpa are the widest! I have wide feet and mostly buy Scarpa. Asolo have always been too narrow for my feet.
 nniff 31 Jan 2013
In reply to TommyC:

Get yourself down to Arundel and go to Peglers and ask them to sort you out.

Or, go to Richmond in Yorkshire and see Altberg and do the same.

Either way, you'll end up with some that fit, and Peglers may put you in Altberg boots.

For what it's worth, my son has feet that more closely resemble hands in shape, and he has a pair of Asolo boots that fit well.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...