UKC

Waterproof day sacks?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mowglee 07 Oct 2020

Would be grateful if anyone has recommendations for fully waterproof rucksacks, 30-40 litres. The Crux RK30 and RK40 both look excellent, if a little pricey, and will fit the bill if I can't find an alternative. I'm sure Exped used to do something similarly robust and no-frills, but the examples I've seen lately have used much lighter weight fabric. Doesn't necessarily need a roll top, so long as the fabric is that heavy duty shiny stuff like Ortlieb use for their panniers. 

Cheers!

goose299 07 Oct 2020
In reply to Mowglee:

Alpkit Goudon 30. Only forty quid. 

No direct experience of this but have various Alpkit products that work exceptionally well 

tehmarks 07 Oct 2020
In reply to Mowglee:

I'm a massive fan of the Arc'teryx Alpha FL, mostly because it's waterproof and completely lacking in features. Comes in 30L and 45L sizes, but be careful, I believe the quoted size is with the 'lid' bit above the roll-top fully stuffed as well as the body of the main backpack.

I have even managed to jury-rig a diagonal ski carry on the 30L - but it was a bit of a pain in fairness.

In reply to Mowglee:

My ortlieb atrack has served me very well.

In reply to Mowglee:

Alpkit gourdon. Served me well for years. 

iainJ 07 Oct 2020
In reply to Mowglee:

I've got a mountain hardwear scrambler, found it excellent. Not sure if tis the same as the current generation though. Stays dry inside on ghyll scrambles + rain and has stood up to a fair bashing over the years. 

nniff 08 Oct 2020
In reply to Mowglee:

https://www.lomo.co.uk/acatalog/Dry-Bag-Rucksacks.html

Although, frankly, the best answer is normal rucksack and a rubble sack

Post edited at 09:15
 StuMsg 08 Oct 2020
In reply to Mowglee:

Exped do a few but pricey. Trekmates so a few on the lower end of the budget but not sure how touch they would be.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...