UKC

Wild Country climbing shoes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Max Clarke 19 Jun 2017
Facebook advert popped up today with a posh looking promotional video for Wild Country's upcoming climbing shoe range.

Apparently two shoes, the Meshuga and the Parthion. WC teamed up with Michelin (the tyre manufacturer), who produced the rubber. Launch date in 2018.

Can't find much more info than that. Anybody know any more?

Theo Moore 19 Jun 2017
In reply to Max Clarke:

Hi Max, we've just seen the new Wild Country shoes at the OutDoor trade show. We'll have our trade show report videos up in the next couple of weeks which will tell you more about the new climbing shoes.
Removed User 19 Jun 2017
In reply to Max Clarke:

That makes two new entries to the climbing shoe market - Black Diamond is launching a range too (starting October):

https://www.climbing.com/gear/preview-black-diamonds-new-climbing-shoe-line...

dr_botnik 19 Jun 2017
In reply to Max Clarke:

I wonder how long they'll be out before they issue a recall?
OP Max Clarke 19 Jun 2017
There was a post on here recently about climbing gear manufacturers and whether there are any/many companies who produce literally everything you need to go climbing. I guess this is taking Wild Country and Black Diamond a step closer (is it just ropes they don't make now? Surely they're capable if they wanted to?)

I guess there's a chance we might start seeing pro climbers being contracted to only ever use kit from one manufacturer.
 1poundSOCKS 19 Jun 2017
In reply to Max Clarke:

> I guess this is taking Wild Country and Black Diamond a step closer (is it just ropes they don't make now? Surely they're capable if they wanted to?)

I think Black Diamond do ropes. Don't know if they make them.
 SenzuBean 19 Jun 2017
In reply to Max Clarke:
> There was a post on here recently about climbing gear manufacturers and whether there are any/many companies who produce literally everything you need to go climbing. I guess this is taking Wild Country and Black Diamond a step closer (is it just ropes they don't make now? Surely they're capable if they wanted to?)

> I guess there's a chance we might start seeing pro climbers being contracted to only ever use kit from one manufacturer.

BD do sell ropes - but they are actually manufactured by Roca. I would be surprised if BD was making their own shoes, as they could just do what they did with ropes and contract with say Ocun to manufacture shoes for them instead.
Edit: just read that they're using a strange brand called 'Butora' to manufacture for them.
Post edited at 19:35
 HeMa 23 Jun 2017
> Edit: just read that they're using a strange brand called 'Butora' to manufacture for them.

Butora (or Butoro?) is used to some extent in the US. Not seem them anywhere in Yurp though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...