UKC

Will a resole cure Phantom Ultra flex?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Matt Buchanan 21 Dec 2017
I've had a pair of Scarpa Phantom Ultras since they came out. They are a size 48 and I'm a big chap but initially I was very pleased with their climbing performance. I wore them with Darts for a nice light setup. Over the years they have started to flex more and I now have to use Rambos to ensure a sold platform whilst climbing. I'm just wondering if a resole with a thicker sole (not the thin Ultra one) would stiffen up the sole again? Does anyone have any experience of this?
 ColdWill 21 Dec 2017
In reply to Matt Buchanan: Same set up here. I seem to remember concluding that the Ultra had the same mid sole as the Manta Pro which was different from the Phantom Guide. I had to stop using Grivel G20 as I found the set up too flexible. I think if you get a resole and go for the Phantom Guide/Mont Blanc/MB Pro sole and mid sole that should stiffen them up. Just the sole will probably only help for the first time you use them. I wonder if you could get a Rebel Ultra mid sole?
OP Matt Buchanan 21 Dec 2017
In reply to ColdWill:

Aye, that's what I was thinking. Any recommendations for where to get midsole and Guide sole fitted? I can't find any other boots that fit as well as these so I'm keen to get this sorted!
 ColdWill 21 Dec 2017
In reply to Matt Buchanan: Feet first near Sheff had some in I think and a bunch of the the old Freney/Phantom Lite which were proper stiff about a year ago.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...