UKC

EVENT NEWS: World Premiere: Nanga Parbat's Mazeno Ridge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 29 Oct 2012
The Mazeno Ridge Photo: Doug Scott, 5 kbthe very best British mountaineering achievements in the last 25 years. See the lecture at the Royal Geographical Society on Thursday 1 November. Sandy Allan, Rick Allen, Kenton Cool, Chris Bonington, Doug Scott

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=5034
 Hans 29 Oct 2012
In reply to UKC Gear: Is there any chance this is going to tour a bit further North? Or is this the only time this event will happen?
 James Edwards 29 Oct 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:
I would love to go but i live in the North of Scotland.
Does anyone who is involved with it know if the debate could be recorded and then pod casted or you tubed?
I think that such an interesting and potentially important debate should be captured for posterity and there are many people around the world who would be very interested in this topic but are sadly not SW7 residents.

Anyone any ideas? Is this a possibilty? Anyone involved with the lecture or RGS?

James
No plans for touring I'm afraid, it's a one-off event.

Not sure about the filming as yet, will check and post back. Great to see the interest!
 Hans 29 Oct 2012
In reply to Community Action Nepal: Such a shame that this is only a one-off. Surprised that Sandy and Rick won't pop up to Manchester/Leeds/Edinburgh etc.

Will try to wrangle the evening off work but not much luck probably. As James already posted, a video or something would be brilliant.

Many thanks for the updated info.
 Puppythedog 29 Oct 2012
In reply to UKC Gear: I would love to see this and only live in Gloucester but teh chances of getting there (London) on a weekday are slim to non-existent.
 Doug 29 Oct 2012
In reply to Hans:
> ... that Sandy and Rick won't pop up to Manchester/Leeds/Edinburgh etc.
>
Pop down surely ?

Just to say, no filming or recording so far as I can tell, I'm afraid.
 jonnie3430 31 Oct 2012
In reply to Community Action Nepal:

Am in Glasgow and would love to hear it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...