UKC

Beautiful video - Tier 4 mind adventure?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bouldery bits 03 Jan 2021

youtube.com/watch?v=BoEdyFw8EuY& 

Feeling cooped up? Missing the mountains? Want an excuse to post angrily about drones?

This is a good chunk of time well spent. 

A gorgeous video. 

Enjoy!

In reply to bouldery bits:

A well paced and therapeutic video - ta!

The continuity was all over the place but I can't get worked up about such minutia whilst absorbing the majestic solitude portrayed.

Is that you in the vid?

OP bouldery bits 03 Jan 2021
In reply to Phantom Disliker:

> Is that you in the vid?

Definitely not me. I'd be capable of the trip but the cinematography certainly wouldn't be in the same class.

Glad you liked it! 

tagscuderia 03 Jan 2021
In reply to bouldery bits: that must have been filmed during the Welsh lockdown... no? Ballsy to post it to YouTube if so, especially when it shows him driving.

I’ve been tempted, but then I wouldn’t be able to sneer when I read of people traveling from Kent to Snowdon! 😉 So so tempting with the conditions though. And we’re “only” tier 3 on the Wirral... I won’t, knowing my luck I’d be caught and fined!

veteye 03 Jan 2021

An interesting and entertaining video.

I think that he would have been far better if he had used a long walking ice-axe. Yet he put on crampons, or similar for soft snow,which was not necessary, unless there was ice underneath, but I don't think so.

In reply to tagscuderia:

> that must have been filmed during the Welsh lockdown... no? Ballsy to post it to YouTube if so, especially when it shows him driving.

> I’ve been tempted, but then I wouldn’t be able to sneer when I read of people traveling from Kent to Snowdon! 😉 So so tempting with the conditions though. And we’re “only” tier 3 on the Wirral... I won’t, knowing my luck I’d be caught and fined!

You'll find there are no travel restriction for vloggers.

They can travel anywhere,do anything.

> Feeling cooped up? Missing the mountains? Want an excuse to post angrily about drones?

> This is a good chunk of time well spent. 

> A gorgeous video. 

> Enjoy!

Sorry mate but I stopped watching....I'll never get that time back...🤣

tagscuderia 03 Jan 2021
In reply to Shaun mcmurrough: haha 😂 

There must be some restrictions though, because he had 2 days and only walked to Llyn Clyd!! And then just went back to the car, err... ?

I’m only jealous, the mountains are a callin’! His YouTube followers seem very impressed though so mission accomplished.

P.S. anybody else find microspikes in deep snow more of a hindrance?

Post edited at 23:12
In reply to tagscuderia:

> haha 😂 

> There must be some restrictions though, because he had 2 days and only walked to Llyn Clyd!! And then just went back to the car, err... ?

> I’m only jealous, the mountains are a callin’! His YouTube followers seem very impressed though so mission accomplished.

> P.S. anybody else find microspikes in deep snow more of a hindrance?

The Mrs fancies some microspikes to go to the shops in...

In reply to tagscuderia:

If you fancy a laugh...try watching...Bushcraft with Ell....I'm sure he's doing the laughs on purpose.

Removed User 04 Jan 2021

This vidio appears to suggest a blatant contravention of the welsh tier 4 rules. These state that travel other than essental travel is not permited and exercise must start and finish at home. its a kick in the teeth for those of us who are observing the terms of the lockdowm

OP bouldery bits 04 Jan 2021
In reply to Removed UserInnominato:

I hadn't even made that link before sharing but you are in all probability correct. 

I'm sorry, I genuinely just wanted to share some mountain footage I had enjoyed. 

Stay safe,

BB

OP bouldery bits 04 Jan 2021
In reply to Shaun mcmurrough:

> Sorry mate but I stopped watching....I'll never get that time back...🤣

Fair enough! Horses for courses  

Chopper 04 Jan 2021
In reply to Removed UserInnominato:

> This vidio appears to suggest a blatant contravention of the welsh tier 4 rules. These state that travel other than essental travel is not permited and exercise must start and finish at home. its a kick in the teeth for those of us who are observing the terms of the lockdowm

Much as I thought. Mrs. Chopper and I have gone out of our way to comply with the rules, often distressingly so such as at Christmas. It really rankles when I see and hear of "covidiots" acting in flagrant breach and this video strongly suggests that this person has. If our lives are put under much more pressure it is the likes of these people who I wll regard as responsible.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...