UKC

Change of tac from MRTs?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ablackett 20 May 2020

I saw on FB today that Wasdale MRT said

“Nobody is perfect and human nature dictates that we can't always make the right call every time, especially under stressful situations. Therefore, to help our visitors to the Lake District to become both well informed and able to make the best decisions with the best outcomes, Wasdale MRT is working with Adventure Smart UK to provide guidance on making the right preparations and the right decisions for a day out on the mountains.Please see the two links below to the Adventure Smart UK website and also where you can support the team by donating to maintain our operability especially during these financially challenging times.

Adventure Smart UK - Lake District Cumbria: https://www.adventuresmart.uk/lake-district-cumbria/

this seems to be something of a change of tac from the Stay Away, the Lake District is closed message.

wonder if other teams will follow suit?

Tom Valentine 20 May 2020
In reply to ablackett:

I hope there's advice about how to deal with tics.

DaveHK 20 May 2020
In reply to ablackett:

> this seems to be something of a change of tac from the Stay Away, the Lake District is closed message.

I don't think that was ever their message.

Ridge 20 May 2020
In reply to ablackett:

Wasn't that posted in response to having to rescue the father and son who got lost near Piers Gill last night?

OP ablackett 20 May 2020
In reply to Ridge:

Yes

edit, “change of tack”.

Post edited at 20:58
 wercat 21 May 2020
In reply to ablackett:

I think it's not so much a change of direction but more time has gone by since the Sunday night dictat and it was to be expected.

It was pretty surprising how many people were crowding about yesterday and just how "normally" some people were behaving, as if it was all over.  Not all - we met a couple of older people who were taking it carefully like us (leaves, grass, sticks stones to avoid touching gates etc, but it looks as if most people there have only been observing distancing because of the law rather than it being sensible.  You see people being a great deal more careful in Penrith and round here than the crowds yesterday.   Fortunately until the end of our walk we weren't within 50 yards of anyone else and most of the time we kept out of sight of everyone else to the extent of avoiding paths.

Ridge 21 May 2020
In reply to wercat:

Allonby on the west Cumbrian coast, where the residents of Maryport and Workington go for an ice-cream, looked like a Bank Holiday weekend yesterday.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...