UKC

Fisherfield 6

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 rodw 05 Oct 2019

i am researching the round of The fisherfield 6 I don’t think I can or want to do the complete round from shenaval but more than willing to wild camp. Can any one suggest suitable route please 

Robert Durran 05 Oct 2019
In reply to rodw:

I once dropped into the coire on Beinn Tarsuinn and camped by the lochan, which was a nice spot about half way round.

Mike-W-99 05 Oct 2019
In reply to rodw:

You can go in from Lochivroan bothy although its a bit awkward to include Beinn a'chlaidheimh. No serious river crossings though but you do get to go up the wee scramble on Sgur Dubh and descend the Sgurr Ban slabs.

Fruitbat 05 Oct 2019
In reply to rodw:

Possibly from Poolewe or Heights of Kinlochewe, set up camp somewhere around A'Mhaighdean, maybe do this hill and Ruadh-stac Mor the same day, (less daylight now though, assuming you are planning to do this soon) and next day do the other 4. Just thinking of ways to avoid lugging camping gear around all day whilst actually doing the hills, obviously depends how lightweight you are going. 

Post edited at 20:17
 Pero 05 Oct 2019
In reply to rodw:

Another option is to start from Kinlochewe and stay at Shenavall, doing the three easternmost on day one. Then walk out back to Kinlochewe  over the westernmost three on day two.

Post edited at 20:10
 colinakmc 05 Oct 2019
In reply to rodw:

I camped near Larachantivore when I went there, the thing I remember best (cloud stayed down for 2 days) was beautiful alpenglow views of An Teallach.

Ramblin dave 05 Oct 2019
In reply to Robert Durran:

> I once dropped into the coire on Beinn Tarsuinn and camped by the lochan, which was a nice spot about half way round.

Yep, that's where we stopped when we did the round - nice place for a night out, if the weather's alright.

Robert Durran 05 Oct 2019
In reply to Ramblin dave:

> Yep, that's where we stopped when we did the round - nice place for a night out, if the weather's alright.

We even had a skinny dip before breakfast!

Smelly Fox 05 Oct 2019
In reply to rodw:

I’ve just been in there the other day. The rives are very low at the moment, although the ground is as saturated as ever!

After walking in from Dundonell, I spent the night by the river upstream from Sheneval, and after some minor bog bashing, ended up following a really nice stalkers path up to the beallach between Ruadh Stac Mòr and A’Mheaghdean, which was a very fine way of approaching them. The path talkes a great route up through the coire.

A really nice route, recommended. I managed to get back to Glasgow before 11pm too which was a bonus.

Simon Caldwell 06 Oct 2019
In reply to rodw:

We did them over 2 days, including the Tops, camping at Carnmore. It's a long way over the col to the first hill (almost all the way to Shenavall) but you're then heading roughly towards the finish for the rest of the day. 

OP rodw 06 Oct 2019
In reply to Smelly Fox:

Sounds good

Removed User 06 Oct 2019
In reply to rodw:

Don't know when you're planning this trip for but Shenavall is not available until 20th Oct. Stalking season.

markk 07 Oct 2019
In reply to Smelly Fox:

Rivers very high yesterday after the Saturday night rain.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...