UKC

Missing walker - anyone on Ben Oss/Lui/A'Cleibh thurs 6 Apr

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jonny taylor 12 Apr 2023

I don't think this has been posted - if anyone was on Ben Oss/Lui/A'Cleibh last thurs 6 April then the police want to hear about any sightings of Patrick Alan Monroe (photo in link), missing since that day. Five MR teams out searching today, but more information is needed to help focus the search.

https://www.scotland.police.uk/what-s-happening/news/2023/april/further-app...

Dave Hewitt 13 Apr 2023
In reply to jonny taylor:

> I don't think this has been posted - if anyone was on Ben Oss/Lui/A'Cleibh last thurs 6 April then the police want to hear about any sightings of Patrick Alan Monroe (photo in link), missing since that day.

More info/background here:

https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=115986

He was in the early stages of an attempt on a continuous round of Munros, but with very little Scottish experience. Fingers crossed he turns up safe and well, but it's been several days now (including with fresh snow yesterday) and the signs don't look good.

Lankyman 13 Apr 2023
In reply to Dave Hewitt:

Oh dear. That puts things in perspective. I too read Hamish Brown and was inspired but I'd already bagged lots of Munros (and other hills) before recording them. Hopefully, the guy will show up safe but wiser. I did lots of pushy things things in the hills but usually got away with it.

steelbru 14 Apr 2023
In reply to jonny taylor:

Sad news, police just reported that a body was found in the area yesterday, and his family have been informed 

Lankyman 14 Apr 2023
In reply to steelbru:

> Sad news, police just reported that a body was found in the area yesterday, and his family have been informed 

Very sad indeed. I read all of Patrick's queries and the responses on the Walkhighlands forum and he seemed brimming full of enthusiasm and optimism even though short on the relevant experience. A tragic end to a great adventure. Condolences to his family and friends.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...