UKC

Rossendale way in a day

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rhi Rhi 28 Dec 2019

Hi,

Thinking of doing Rossendale way in a day during summer 2020, has anyone done this before...? Any handy tips? Length of time it generally takes etc? 

Thanks all

The New NickB 28 Dec 2019
In reply to Rhi Rhi:

I know a few people who have run it. I think Rossendale Harriers used to put an event on. Same part of the world, I have run the Mary Towneley Loop, which I think is a bit further. That took 10 hours going nice and steady. If you are walking, I suspect that it will be a very long day.

bouldery bits 28 Dec 2019
In reply to The New NickB:

>  I have run the Mary Towneley Loop, which I think is a bit further. That took 10 hours going nice and steady. If you are walking, I suspect that it will be a very long day.

That sounds quick rather than 'nice and steady'!

The New NickB 07 Jan 2020
In reply to bouldery bits:

It was basically trying to average 5mph, which I did apart from having a short break to buy a drink and get my water bottles filled up at the Top Brink. The first few hours I was making a conscious effort to slow down and keep the pace near the desired average, obviously it required a bit more effort later on.

I think I could probably have done it 2 hours quicker, but it was my first attempt that that sort of distance in the hills and so took a pretty conservative approach. It was a personal challenge rather than a race.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...