UKC

Snow - Peak District

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tonker 31 Mar 2022

Thinking of going up Bleaklow tomorrow...... did the High Peak get a big dump of snow over the last 24 hours? 

Thanks

TobyA 31 Mar 2022
In reply to Tonker:

I'm at 225 mtrs on the eastern edge of the NP. We had a good blizzard this morning, and everything went white, but it is all gone looking out the window. I'm sure some will gather and stay in the hollows up high, but it might be just a bit too warm for most of it to survive. 

But it's 400 mtrs higher than me, and just checking the Bleaklow forecast on the met office app, they reckon either below or just above freezing through the weekend, so maybe! Enjoy either way.

Dan Arkle 31 Mar 2022
In reply to Tonker:

Bleaklow and kinder were totally white this morning.

I'd expect you'd still find some tomorrow, but don't expect skiing or climbing conditions! 

OP Tonker 31 Mar 2022
In reply to both:

Thanks, less snow the better tbh!

ChrisJD 31 Mar 2022
In reply to Tonker:

It's been a crazy weather today (Thurs 31 March) in Hope Valley, looking out to Mam Tor;

blizzard then sun, blizzard then sun, blizzard then sun, blizzard then sun;

Currently sun;  its not accumulated much snow though.

ChrisJD 31 Mar 2022
In reply to ChrisJD:

Oh look, Blizzard again!

(well sleety now, TBH)

Timmd 31 Mar 2022
In reply to ChrisJD:

> It's been a crazy weather today (Thurs 31 March) in Hope Valley, looking out to Mam Tor;

> blizzard then sun, blizzard then sun, blizzard then sun, blizzard then sun;

> Currently sun;  its not accumulated much snow though.

Changeable days are good days to be out in, I always think, you get several different moods during one walk or cycle, quite hard to beat the changeable skies at this time of year.

Post edited at 16:59
 ChrisJD 31 Mar 2022
In reply to Timmd:

You would have revealed in today then.

Back to sun now, lol.

Kryank 31 Mar 2022
In reply to Tonker:

Yeah I am thinking of having a stomp from Wassenden to Bleaklow tomorrow evening / night and was wondering the same. Keeping my fingers crossed and an eye on the weather that it doesn’t get too wild. 

Timmd 31 Mar 2022
In reply to ChrisJD:

> You would have revealed in today then.

> Back to sun now, lol.

One of the best days out I had was when nobody was going out climbing because of the windy and showery snow and hail forecasts, I had to pedal to cycle down the little hill to Burbage Bridge coming from Sheffield, and for the hell of it I turned around and got blown back up again. I don't know how many times the skyscape changed that day, and Burbage Valley was deserted with snowy mountains being blown along by the wind (clouds). People missed a treat by staying at home.

Post edited at 22:44
 Martin Hore 31 Mar 2022
In reply to ChrisJD:

> You would have revealed in today then.

Could have been a bit parky if you revealed too much....

Clauso 01 Apr 2022
In reply to Tonker:

In short; no.

Kinder was hosting a very light dusting, in patches, yesterday evening.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...