UKC

Torre Cerredo, Picos de Europa.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Has anyone done Torre Cerredo in the Picos de Europa?

I'm thinking of going to the Picos this summer and I'd like to ascend Torre Cerredo, but the grade seems very vague as I'm not used to the Alpine system. It's given PD, which can range from an easy scramble to V. Diff climbing.

If anyone has done Torre Cerredo could you give some insight?

Cheers, Michael.

JimHolmes69 23 Jun 2019
In reply to michael donohue:

We have been up there. We started from Bulnes I think from the lefty train thing. Parking was ok s well. The walk in is exciting but not too hard, we went in August on a cloudy day and the route finding was quite difficult. But there is a hut where you can stay and places to pitch a tent, which we did. However, there was plenty of space in the hut, in fact we were the only people there. This was over 20 years  ago, it may have changed.

Getting to the top wasn’t too bad as I can remember, scrambling mostly on the tourist route. We followed the easiest way up from the climbs in the Picos book. But we didn’t have any problems and we didn’t need a rope up or down. I went with my wife who doesn’t really climb but is ok on easy ground. The only issue in the Picos is water, it can be difficult to find from springs.

There are twin peaks up there and we went up both of these on different days but neither took too long and we didn’t do any alpine starts.

I’m sure you’ll have a great time.

Jim

In reply to JimHolmes69:

Thanks very much Jim, that's exactly the kind of answer I was looking for. I'm hoping to spend a few days backpacking in the Picos so I didn't want to carry any extra gear.

Cheers, Michael.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...