UKC

A waterfall trip

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 broken spectre 19 Sep 2022

I visited a waterfall today with a couple of mates, really had to get away. Only a two and a half mile hike. Silence, then you could see, hear and smell (really!) the waterfall. Nature is the most tranquil of temples.

I respect those who mourned (I couldn't) and I respect those who objected (I didn't).

It's a personal thing, I know, our relationships with the natural world and I do contribute to this site too much possibly but today's brought me a feeling of great peace.

Peace out ✌️

stani 19 Sep 2022
In reply to broken spectre:

G************?*?

stani 19 Sep 2022
In reply to stani:

Great!!

BuzyG 20 Sep 2022

I assume you went in the afternoon then.  Which waterfall?

In reply to BuzyG:

>  I assume you went in the afternoon then.  Which waterfall?

Nope, stayed dry. I'm a bit ashamed to admit it because it's such a honeypot but it was Aber Falls. Been there before but along the higher path that traverses the scree.

Holdtickler 20 Sep 2022

Takes me back! Happy memories!

olddirtydoggy 20 Sep 2022

Slept at the bottom of those falls next to the benches once. Great spot.

chris_r 20 Sep 2022

> Nope, stayed dry. I'm a bit ashamed to admit it because it's such a honeypot but it was Aber Falls. Been there before but along the higher path that traverses the scree.

Honeypot for a reason, a great little walk, especially if you do the circular walk, not just up and down the main drag.

DaveHK 20 Sep 2022

> Nope, stayed dry. I'm a bit ashamed to admit it because it's such a honeypot but it was Aber Falls.

We got a lock in there once. I'd just finished the Welsh 3000ers and was getting changed at my van when the guy came to lock the car park gate. We had a nice chat and he said we'd have to move or if we preferred he'd lock us in for the night and let us out in the morning. Sounded like a good deal to us so we went for the lock in option!

Post edited at 17:24
 magma 20 Sep 2022

our new PM needs a good 'forest bathing' but don't think she would get it..;(

Post edited at 17:23
 wercat 21 Sep 2022

not all waterfall trips are safe.   Be very careful at the Reichenbach Falls if you have long term enemies

A trip there could be fatal

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...