UKC

Are you a Freelance Instructor?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
adventureinmind 23 Apr 2013
Are you a freelance outdoor instructor? very interesting discussion on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/groups/50023471821/ … have you had your say regarding your terms and conditions of work? What are your expectations?
 Banned User 77 23 Apr 2013
In reply to adventureinmind: We were done a few times..

Its difficult.

The worst was a woman who organised a race.. we designed the race route for an agreed price.. and she never paid.. and then when I mentioned it on here used that as an argument for not paying as I'd embarrassed her..

Brutal Triathlons it was in Llanberis..

She then trotted out 'I'm a single mother'.. no she was a professional race organiser making money out of a route she had agreed to pay for..

We were never that strict, maybe should have been and had a fair few cancellations with weather over the years so normally would offer credit to cover that.

I think we should have had an online payment system, to ensure money was paid or the booking wasn't final.. as a few would keep delaying payment then not show..
Removed User 23 Apr 2013
In reply to adventureinmind:

Technically, yes I am freelance. However, I do have terms and conditions. And any booking is 50% non-refundable up front. If I have not received the payment, and get another request I always give them first dibs, but expect the online payment within a couple of hours, otherwise I go where the money is. Early days I made themistake of taking a few people on trust, but it backfired, so now it's 'no deposit, no booking'.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...