UKC

Blogpost. 9 Days on the Cape Wrath Trail

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 goatee 12 Mar 2019

9 Days on the Cape Wrath Trail...sort of..the story here...https://howlingmist.blogspot.com/2019/03/nine-days-on-cape-wrath-traila-var...

Thanks Stephen

profitofdoom 12 Mar 2019
In reply to goatee:

> 9 Days on the Cape Wrath Trail...sort of..the story here...https://howlingmist.blogspot.com/2019/03/nine-days-on-cape-wrath-traila-var...

Thanks, I enjoyed your blog and all the photos, I hope you keep writing and posting

OP goatee 13 Mar 2019
In reply to profitofdoom:

Thanks for that. I certainly hope to keep it up. Lots of interesting thing to do yet , especially in Scotland

BALD EAGLE 13 Mar 2019
In reply to goatee:

Hi Stephen

An excellent blog with superb images so well done you! I'm hoping to walk the CWT in the next year or 2 so this has certainly whetted my appetite and having reviewed + updated my gear where required, I have my rucksack base weight down to just over 8kg so Thunderbirds are just about go...

Cheers

Dave

OP goatee 13 Mar 2019
In reply to BALD EAGLE:

Hi Dave,

Great to hear from you. I really enjoy your superb climbing movies. It is great to see climbing videos that are aimed at the ordinary mortal and not up in the E-sillys. I'm afraid that an 8kg baseweight is a fantasy for me. I always seem to end up carrying double that..especially when you take food into account. One of these days I will really try and go minimalist and see what it's like. When you do go I will look forward to the video.

Give me a heads up if you come over to this area. Cheers,

Stephen

subtle 13 Mar 2019
In reply to BALD EAGLE:

> An excellent blog with superb images so well done you! I'm hoping to walk the CWT in the next year or 2 so this has certainly whetted my appetite and having reviewed + updated my gear where required, I have my rucksack base weight down to just over 8kg so Thunderbirds are just about go...

You could always lighten your pack more by leaving the bottles of Thunderbird out - didn't realise they still made it, red or blue Tbird though? 

BALD EAGLE 13 Mar 2019
In reply to goatee:

> Hi Dave,

> Great to hear from you. I really enjoy your superb climbing movies. It is great to see climbing videos that are aimed at the ordinary mortal and not up in the E-sillys. I'm afraid that an 8kg baseweight is a fantasy for me. I always seem to end up carrying double that..especially when you take food into account. One of these days I will really try and go minimalist and see what it's like. When you do go I will look forward to the video.

> Give me a heads up if you come over to this area. Cheers,

> Stephen

Thanks Stephen muchly appreciated and I have a few more climbing film projects lined up for later this year so watch this space! Anyway back to the CWT I reckon once I add food + gas for up to 7 days my sack will probably be more like 10 to 11 kg. And to be honest when I go I'll probably leave the filming gear behind so no CWT vid I'm afraid. By the way the other long distance trail which has grabbed my attention for the future is the Hebridean Way which looks most excellent too!

https://www.visitouterhebrides.co.uk/see-and-do/activities/hebridean-way

Cheers

Dave

BALD EAGLE 13 Mar 2019
In reply to subtle:

> You could always lighten your pack more by leaving the bottles of Thunderbird out - didn't realise they still made it, red or blue Tbird though? 

Ha vino tinto is more my poison of choice to rehydrate! Especially as it is one of your five fruits per day...  

OP goatee 14 Mar 2019
In reply to BALD EAGLE:

Cheers Dave. I'll check that one out.

Bobling 14 Mar 2019
In reply to goatee:

Thanks, great read.  I was very strongly reminded of a trip I took with my wife when we walked in from Kinlochewe to the Ben Eighe national park, setting up camp for a couple of nights on the southern slopes of Meall a'Giuthais.  We'd just got back from a few years abroad and I was despairing that I would ever see wilderness in the UK, comparable to that which I had seen elsewhere.  We didn't see a soul for 3 days!  Can't wait to get back that way again.

OP goatee 15 Mar 2019
In reply to Bobling:

Thanks for that.

I agree completely. Wilderness, or at the very least the illusion of it, is to be found in abundance in Scotland. Okay maybe you aren't 100 miles from a road and ultimately the landscape is a managed manufactured thing but my goodness can you find peace, solitude, quiet, beauty etc etc. Dark skies anyone??. In my opinion the Highlands offer one of the best wilderness experiences to be found in Europe.

Removed User 15 Mar 2019
In reply to goatee:

Very enjoyable. Reminds me of when I did the CWT in 2005. I took it slow, nearly four weeks.

Thanks for posting.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...