UKC

Conditions in the western Lake District?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Johnson 27 Oct 2020

Anyone know what the weather is like at the moment: particularly rain and visibility? It looks pretty poor according to MWIS, but I'm seeing pics on twitter with apparently reasonable conditions.

lpretro1 27 Oct 2020
In reply to Andy Johnson:

Wet - very wet, windy - shed loads of rain to come over next 3 days. Weather warnings out about rain

davepembs 27 Oct 2020

Occasional brightness - well you can vaguely make out something - intermixed with wind and rain smashing it down, bit of hail as well. Should be even worse tomorrow! The fire is lit and the dog is happily curled up in front of it which seems the best thing to do today.

OP Andy Johnson 27 Oct 2020
In reply to the thread:

Thanks - although thats pretty much what I expected really. I had high hopes for this week but this year is just cursed. Time to hibernate.

It is even too wet/windy/showery for logging and firewood work. Perfect weather for pub at 5pm, then a bit of guitar, then a good fire, a few beers and whisky, coffee and chocolate after dinner. Better days will come.

Save your arrows.

DC

wilkesley 28 Oct 2020
In reply to lpretro1:

It's absolutely hissing down here in Keswick (Wednesday). MWIS promises some clear spells. The ones so far have only lasted a few minutes at a time.

C Witter 28 Oct 2020

Photoshop can do wonders these days

Optimal running weather.... sort of...!

bouldery bits 28 Oct 2020
In reply to C Witter:

Lovely across Scout Scar (Kendal) this morning. Crisp and clear with a bit of a breeze. 

Ofcourse, I bet it's completely different 'over there' !

C Witter 28 Oct 2020
In reply to bouldery bits:

I was out on Clougha this morning and it was really nice too! But... now it's pretty mizzlin outside :/ And it seems to be setting in for the long haul, if the forecast is to be credited.

Sandpiper 28 Oct 2020

Tomorrow (Thu) looks like an excellent day for a navigation exercise.

Monk 28 Oct 2020

Buttermere was pretty good today. A few showers, but the weather was clearly hitting Fleetwith pike and beyond pretty hard

C Witter 30 Oct 2020

Gorgeous today in the Western Lakes (Duddon) - surprisingly! But, rain meant to return tomorrow. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...