UKC

Dog friendly campsites around Keswick?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hey all, as the title suggests, I don't supposed anyone knows of nice dog friendly campsites near Keswick.

Answers on a postcard.

Thanks

Richard
 AdCo82 05 Nov 2013
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

Lanesfoot Farm on between Keswick and Bassenthwaite.

The owner is lovely and you can have a campfire.

AT
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers: I think the one in Rosthwaite, next to the chapel is dog friendly. cheap too
 Tall Clare 05 Nov 2013

Chapel House Farm campsite just beyond Stonethwaite in Borrowdale is dog friendly, as is the Scafell Arms pub in Rosthwaite.

http://www.chapelhousefarmcampsite.co.uk/
 Tall Clare 05 Nov 2013
In reply to higherclimbingwales:

Snap! They don't charge for dogs either.
In reply to Tall Clare:
> (In reply to TheDrunkenBakers)
>
> Chapel House Farm campsite just beyond Stonethwaite in Borrowdale is dog friendly, as is the Scafell Arms pub in Rosthwaite.
>
> http://www.chapelhousefarmcampsite.co.uk/

That's the one. The farmer is very nice - he let us feed one of his lambs when we were there last year. couldn't get her away from the bloody things!
 mattrm 05 Nov 2013

Lanesfoot Farm ++

Lovely site. Try and get in amongst the trees if you can, as the open field isn't quite as good.
alexgoodey 05 Nov 2013
In reply to mattrm: I was in Keswick last week, one of my groups stayed at Chapel House Farm campsite and loved it.

While I was shopping in town I also noticed the Dog and Gun pub in Keswick was labelled as the most dog-friendly pub in the area... they're sure to be worth talking to for dog-specific requirements.

Excellent, thanks all. Ill get calling.
 frankbabs 05 Nov 2013

I was at the site in Braithwaite two weeks ago and loads of pooches there too.
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers: thanks for the Lanefoot recommendations. Stayed there for the last couple of nights. Great spot, dog friendly, nice showers and absolutely perfect for our base to do the Coledale Round, which is also highlight recommended.

The best bit though, was that it was 10 mins from the Middle Ruddings which was also excellent with nice food, great beers and also very dog friendly.

Thanks again, my friends and I (and Molly Moo the Spaniel) have had a fabulous walking weekend.

chapeau to UKC.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...