UKC

Fire in Pollenca

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JimHolmes69 27 Dec 2017

Huge fire outside Pollenca tonight. Looks like it will burn down the whole hillside by the cavell Bernat ridge and maybe into the boquer valley. Looks terrible. Cyclone Bruno isn’t helping matters. Burning from the ring road around the port up to the top of the ridge, but hard to tell in the dark.

Post edited at 22:17
 rj_townsend 28 Dec 2017
In reply to JimHolmes69:

We’re staying in Cala St. Vincent and it’s been a long night. The fire was all the way to the ridge and coming down our side. Luckily the wind direction kept it moving away from our villa but we were still keeping watch all night. Thankfully no people or homes lost, according to local news.
OP JimHolmes69 28 Dec 2017
In reply to rj_townsend:

Sorry to hear that. Your electric went off didn’t it. Helicopters are now putting it out. Glad it on the way out.
 Stichtplate 28 Dec 2017
In reply to JimHolmes69:

The whole of that hillside is mostly rock and low laying scrub. Morning after photos don't look too bad, just hope the goats are OK.
 John Kelly 28 Dec 2017
In reply to JimHolmes69:

While I feel sorry for all affected, the vegetation on that bloody hillside stripped most the flesh from my legs on an ill advised short cut after running short of daylight on the ridge, so sorry for the people the birds mammals and invertebrates affected but to hell with the million spiky maneating plants (they are quite fire tolerant I understand)
OP JimHolmes69 28 Dec 2017
In reply to John Kelly:

The slope off the ridge is unaffected. We all feel you pain with lacerations from the vegetation.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...