UKC

fox's path Snowdon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tonyg9241 09 May 2020

hello every one 

I hope that you are safe and well , Any way  I am after any information to the Fox,s path not much about it in the Gide book only a few grid refs and general Direction that it goes in 

many thanks 

Tony

Tom Valentine 09 May 2020
In reply to tonyg9241:

Do you mean the Fox's Path  on Cader Idris, which is in Snowdonia?

JIMBO 09 May 2020
In reply to Tom Valentine:

I think he is refering to a traversing line from the start of the Crib Goch scrambling to Cwm Glas....

Tom Valentine 09 May 2020
In reply to JIMBO:

Just found a photo of its route on a walking forum: it looks extremely exposed in one section. aka the Goat's path

static266 09 May 2020
In reply to tonyg9241:

It’s a narrow trod that begins on the shoulder of Crib Goch’s East ridge just below the main steepening. It crosses the bottom of the screen slope on the North face and then there are some exposed parts where it crosses a number of steep runnels and leads to the shoulder of Crib Goch’s North ridge. There is a fainter continuation that contours around Cwm Uchaf just underneath the screes to Clogwyn y Person arête and Cwm Glas. 

It’s a good walk to see the area from a different perspective and I often used it to ascend the north ridge or Clogwyn y Person when living/working at Pen-y-Pass. 

Bacon Butty 09 May 2020
In reply to static266:

Ah, I did it once to extend the horseshoe a bit.
It's a bit vague, only trod 'path' for about a tenth of it.  Wouldn't want to do it for the first time in the mist!  Looks obvious from Pen-y-pass, but not so much once you're there.
The North ridge is great.

edit, I may have gone at a higher level than what you describe.(?)

Post edited at 18:02
gezebo 09 May 2020
In reply to tonyg9241:

You basically go right and head towards the top of Dinas mot across the screes . It’s quite a good path if you’re on it!

George_Surf 10 May 2020
In reply to static266:

Ive always heard this referred to as the goat track. the path is good and narrow but its grass and the hillside drops away very steeply. its basically a contour of the hillside underneath the north face of crib goch, starting in cwm glas and ending around the miners somewhere. 

OP tonyg9241 12 May 2020
In reply to tonyg9241:

hi all thanks for your info looking on the maps and some sat pictures there nothing there but looking on google earth there appears to be some sort of track any way hopefully in the not to Distant future I will go and see if I can walk it 

thanks tony

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...