UKC

Hill conditions (central / east highlands)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Flinticus 31 Dec 2012
Hi. Anyone out recently in the central / east highlands? Anywhere between Killin & Pitlochrie. Thinking of a corbett. How wet / snow cover? Ben Vrackie looking a possibility. Ta
 kwoods 31 Dec 2012
In reply to Flinticus: Big snowfall yesterday has big-time thawed today. The hills around Loch Lubnaig were all nearly snowless today. There was only more substantial cover above 3000 feet. And probably still going fast, judging by the forecast? Hope thats a help.
OP Flinticus 31 Dec 2012
In reply to kwoods:
Yeah, cheers. That does help. Thinking now of Meall nan Subh. Found I lack OS maps of the east of Loch Tay region (and I don't use gps mapping or have a printer at home).
 Simon Caldwell 02 Jan 2013
In reply to Flinticus:

In reply to Flinticus: And considering that the nice weather lady said 'unseasonable mild across the country' I would think slush city.
OP Flinticus 03 Jan 2013
Went on 2 Jan.

Snow largely clear on Meall nan Subh though patches lingering and more extensive above 800m (looking across to neighbouring munros). Found a compact snow covered north facing slope with a nice convex changing to concave slope running out into grass. Had fun doing some self-arrest practice. A good half day.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...