UKC

Loch Wharral bothy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 girlymonkey 14 Jul 2020

This bothy looks beautiful and I would say fairly new, and sadly the eejits have ruined access to it. The estate, thankfully, haven't written off walkers entirely but you now have to contact the estate for access. 

This is the sign on the outside of it

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10164090430060694&id=747310...

Lankyman 14 Jul 2020
In reply to girlymonkey:

I popped in last year coming down from The Goet and Loch Brandy. It was quite drafty and I thought the fire wouldn't have been much help if it was cold. It was in good nick then. Are the neds in Glen Clova now? Off topic, did you see the huge landslide at Loch Brandy? I checked on Geograph and it wasn't there just a few years ago.

OP girlymonkey 14 Jul 2020
In reply to Lankyman:

I presume, sadly, there must have been more than one group of neds out and about in the Glen. Thankfully, other than that sign, we saw no evidence of them. We only picked up a couple of wee bits of rubbish on the path down to the hotel. I guess the estate have been proactive about not letting it build up so it doesn't attract more.

Yes, that landslide in Loch Brandy is really something! We did stop to admire it! Fancy new styles over the deer fence at the top too. They are so substantial that the dogs crossed them fine without needing to be lifted. Lovely day out, not been up there in ages 😊

Post edited at 19:59

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...