UKC

Looking for an ML buddy or three

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
eppylarker 15 Feb 2018

Hi! 

First time forum-er, and I thought I'd give this a go... I'm in the midst of my ML Summer training, and as great as it is walking by myself (a lot) it'd be great to have some company once in a while! So just looking for a buddy or three, or if anyone knows of groups that go out to 'practice' that'd be equally great.

Happy to travel pretty much anywhere for a mountain day, but otherwise am based in Lancashire.

Let me know, Elly (... female, 24)

In reply to eppylarker:

I'll be looking to scratch up on some skills before I sit my assessment later this year - especially keen on doing lots more nav and a re-cap on emergency rope work.

I'm based in Glasgow and I'm 21 - give me a shout if you're looking for folk to team up with.

SebCa 15 Feb 2018
In reply to eppylarker:

The Mountain Training Assoc is about to form a North West group which you would fall into. I'm sure they will cover it on your ML but it is really worth while. Mutual walks etc, night nav workshops. I live in Lancs area and hold the summer ML and would be happy to get out and do a bit.

eppylarker 15 Feb 2018
In reply to SebCa:

That's super good news - I've been looking at workshops but most of them seem to be held down South/North Wales! Fingers crossed it happens soon...

Brilliant! I haven't got any fixed plans yet, other than wanting to get out on the hill over the next week, kind of waiting for the weather to clear but patience isn't my virtue so open to suggestions 

eppylarker 15 Feb 2018
In reply to Harrison_Connie:

Hi - That's awesome, I need to do some rope work to (try and keep the eye in) and the more nav practice the better! I'll keep you posted, and visa-versa if you've got a QMD planned and need a buddy

Tomagone 16 Feb 2018
In reply to eppylarker:

I'm planning on doing my assessment this spring/summer and would be up for tagging along / teaming up, really flexible on dates and locations from April onwards, let me know what you had in mind

There's also a trainee ML facebook group, might be worth joining

cloy 05 Mar 2018
In reply to eppylarker:

Bremex Mountaineering and Climbing Club focusses on sharing and improving hillwalking and climbing skills. The majority of its members either have ML or are training for it. I wish I'd known about it when I was doing my ML.

eppylarker 10 Apr 2018
In reply to eppylarker:

Thanks everyone! Am away now working for a few months, good luck to all with their ML stuff!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...