UKC

Need a decent walk tomorrow - ideas?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
jolivague 02 Nov 2012
As per the title, need to do a training walk tomorrow with a 35kg pack on (getting used to carrying uphill again!) which ideally starts somewhere near Edale.

Thinking of Jacobs Ladder, Kinder Scout and back via Grindslow Clough, more than happy to throw this out for other suggestions of potentially better routes with more ascent!
 Mal Grey 02 Nov 2012
In reply to jolivague:

I'd do it the other way round. If you want to extend it, you could cross from the top of Grinds Brook to Blackden (come right along the top of Grinds a bit before crossing) and then round to Fairbrook, cross to the Downfall then on to descend JL. Note these options include nice deep soggy bogs which will entertain you with 35kg on your back, but if you navigate well through the groughs both crossings of the plateau can be fairly straightforward.
Or from the top of Grinds, go west to the top of Jacobs Ladder then south to Brown Knoll and Rushup Edge, and continue round over Mam Tor as far as you want to.
jolivague 02 Nov 2012
In reply to Mal Grey:

Looks decent, thanks!
 Banned User 77 02 Nov 2012
In reply to jolivague: why with the weight?

I'd go further with less..

I just did the OMM off a summer of road running and ran with a pack on no issue..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...