UKC

Need help on choosing a mountain holiday

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hey 

So I need a  little bit of help please.

Has anybody got any suggestions on holidays , I want it to have big mountains and rock climbs , my parents want a holiday what has water sports and  business class flights all inclusive hotel and entertainment and for  under 15 k .

Any suggestions? 

Post edited at 21:56
 Ceiriog Chris 01 Jan 2021
In reply to Cneifion Arête:

Disneyland ?

profitofdoom 01 Jan 2021
In reply to Ceiriog Chris:

> Disneyland ?

Best post of the year

Liam P 01 Jan 2021

Praia da Luz, Algarve.

motty89 01 Jan 2021

Annecy?

Andy Johnson 01 Jan 2021

Separate holidays? You troll you...

Darron 01 Jan 2021

South LakeTahoe?

olddirtydoggy 01 Jan 2021

North Korea. Might think I'm kidding but do the reading, I was shocked.

Grand Teton...

McHeath 01 Jan 2021

Fill us in on the details - you've progressed from scrambling to rock climbing/alpine climbing? What sort of water sports do your parents want - surfing, kayaking, sailing, fishing?

With that budget, I'd try to do a deal with your parents. You agree to get dragged along to whatever luxury beach hotel they decide upon, as long as they fly economy class and spend the saved money on sending you on a good week long Alpine climbing course. Then everybody's happy.

Edit and P. S. : Big mountains do of course involve a good deal of long and steep walking...  

Post edited at 00:02
 aln 02 Jan 2021

Under 15k, are you having a laugh? That's a luxury holiday. If your parents are spending up to 15k on a holiday, and they're willing to treat you to that, I suggest you stop being a f*cking whiney brat, think yourself lucky, and go wherever they want to go. 

stevieb 02 Jan 2021

This year, maybe Weymouth? 

Plenty of places in Europe will be good for climbing and water sports, but big mountains will be tricky. Sardinia may fit the bill, but I’ve never been. 

John Ww 02 Jan 2021

You’re back then? Oh good.

Lankyman 02 Jan 2021

> Hey 

> So I need a  little bit of help please.

> Has anybody got any suggestions on holidays , I want it to have big mountains and rock climbs , my parents want a holiday what has water sports and  business class flights all inclusive hotel and entertainment and for  under 15 k .

> Any suggestions? 

Your English has improved - the wonders of online learning?

wbo2 02 Jan 2021
In reply to Cneifion Arête: Prestatyn.  Or Tromso

> Hey 

> So I need a  little bit of help please.

> Has anybody got any suggestions on holidays , I want it to have big mountains and rock climbs , my parents want a holiday what has water sports and  business class flights all inclusive hotel and entertainment and for  under 15 k .

> Any suggestions? 

How much? You obviously don't live in Yorkshire.

Post edited at 10:57
mysterion 02 Jan 2021

Everest Base Camp yah

wintertree 02 Jan 2021
In reply to aln:

> Under 15k, are you having a laugh?

I think that’s several times what I’ve spent on holidays in 20+ years of adult life.

aln 02 Jan 2021
In reply to wintertree:

Exactly. 

bouldery bits 02 Jan 2021

Gang 

GrahamD 02 Jan 2021

Happy New year to you.

Lankyman 02 Jan 2021
In reply to wbo2:

> Prestatyn.  Or Tromso

Come on, he's got money to burn - Rhyl would be classier by far.

Gone for good 02 Jan 2021
In reply to wintertree:

> I think that’s several times what I’ve spent on holidays in 20+ years of adult life.

Per year or total spend? 

Billhook 02 Jan 2021

Fairy Land?

or perhaps wait and ask Santa next year.

wbo2 02 Jan 2021

In reply to geode: Is that good or bad?

wintertree 02 Jan 2021
In reply to Gone for good:

> Per year or total spend? 

Total.  I spent ten years with only two budged climbing holidays to Sardinia and several budget stays tacked on to the end of work trips when saving for a house, and got out of the habit...

I can’t even imagine spending £15k on a holiday, I assume it involves being totally fleeced at every step.  When I have been abroad it’s done sorting everything out myself and it’s really not that expensive....  Biggest spend was a 3-week honeymoon in west coast America and that’s a small fraction of the troll’s sorry OP’s post.

Post edited at 17:35
 Morty 02 Jan 2021

Iraq - it has it all.

Lankyman 02 Jan 2021

In reply to geode:

> probably <5K total in 40 years of adult life for me..

As a Lancastrian I can recognise a Yorkshireman boasting

Rob Parsons 02 Jan 2021
In reply to wintertree:

> I can’t even imagine spending £15k on a holiday ...

You must have lived a very sheltered life. Good-quality drugs and high-class prostitutes cost money.

leon 1 02 Jan 2021
In reply to Rob Parsons:  Luckily I like my prostitutes like my coffee...

£2 from the street corner

Post edited at 23:31
Gone for good 03 Jan 2021
In reply to wintertree:

I would class myself as fairly thrifty but in the past 20 years I will easily have spent £60k on holidays. £3k+ a year for 2 or 3 trips at home or abroad isn't excessive. Even a 4 or 5 day trip to the Alps can easily cost in excess of £600 when you take into account the cost of getting to the airport, airport parking, flight, train, huts, food, local auberge, beer etc etc. I've only ever used a guide once in the Alps and he charged 300 Chf a day plus his hut bill so costs are easily racked up. Having said that, £15k is a lot of money and if I had that much to spend on a single trip I would be looking for a 6 month break or a 6 to 8 week family holiday. A friend of mine had a 3 month sabbatical and took her kids to the States for 2 months. That cost in excess of £12k but she was a senior partner in a top 5 London law firm. 

Howard 05 Jan 2021

In reply to Cneifion Arête:

Lebanon has it all. Ski in the morning, sail/water ski etc in the afternoon. Dodge bullets/explosions in the evening.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...