UKC

New Snowdonia Tourist Attraction

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Saw several groups of young people, mainly female, dressed more for Benidorm than Pen y pass, walking up from Nant Peris today. All following directions on their mobile phones to the same destination: Snowdon's Secret Infinity Pool! 

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/whats-on/trips-breaks/secret-infinity-pool-nest...

subtle 02 Jul 2018
In reply to Ron Rees Davies:

> Saw several groups of young people, mainly female, dressed more for Benidorm than Pen y pass, walking up from Nant Peris today. All following directions on their mobile phones to the same destination: Snowdon's Secret Infinity Pool! 

Man, that looks lush! Do you have a gps of it you can post here?

In reply to subtle:

You'll have to find it yourself. But there havent been many things built in the pass in the last few years, and it's 'generating' a lot of interest!

Simon Caldwell 02 Jul 2018

Given where the water ends up I'd be surprised if the pool didn't get covered over relatively soon

Apparently this has caused big issues for the fresh water supply at the CGM CC Hut...

Its a shame because there are loads of genuinely beautiful natural pools all over the place for those who want to find them but this is just a clickbait article "the secret no one wants you to find"!

Sean Kelly 02 Jul 2018

Carreg Wastad in the background, so this must be something related to the private hydro scheme I'm guessing?

Post edited at 18:04
 Gone 02 Jul 2018

If it is a hydro generation scheme, does that mean that when someone flips a switch somewhere, all the swimmers get sucked down a plughole?

GrahamD 03 Jul 2018
In reply to Gone:

Or get fired back out again when the grid is generating excess electricity ? I can see why this would be a great tourist attraction

Rigid Raider 03 Jul 2018

Bonkers! It's just a poxy little catchment dam mostly filled with rocks, with an overspill into the pipe. Anybody who goes walking will be able to point out far nicer places to swim anywhere in British mountains. My fave of all time is in Glen Etive and you don't even break into a sweat getting there because it's right beside the road.

mysterion 04 Jul 2018

They must think it's a 'hot tub' or something. Tripadvisor says: someone needs to turn the bubbles on, where do I complain?

Post edited at 00:23
 tagscuderia 04 Jul 2018

There must have been about 20 people in it last Saturday!!

Thankfully I'd already enjoyed a dip in Llyn Bach which is a far nicer spot and much quieter thanks to it being more than 50m from a lay-by. So I'm quite happy to let the hoi polloi have that tiny spot.

Post edited at 11:07
In reply to tagscuderia:

> I'm quite happy to let the hoi polloi have that tiny spot.

...and the 20 parking spaces they'll take up at the Cromlech / Wastad layby's ?

Post edited at 22:59
 GrahamD 05 Jul 2018

> ...and the 20 parking spaces they'll take up at the Cromlech / Wastad layby's ?

If they get there early enough, why not ? 

tagscuderia 05 Jul 2018
In reply to GrahamD:

Yeah I'd be surprised if they bowled up early enough to park in the lay-bys, I've never found a space so fair play if they manage! And now that it's not a "secret," I'm sure that it will loose its allure; sharing a small pool with countless strangers... ?

tingle 05 Jul 2018
In reply to GrahamD:

I might invest in one of those inflatable military decoy tanks so i can reserve my spot. Or i could stop rocking up mid-afternoon... 

timjones 05 Jul 2018

Good luck to them, the early bird catches the worm

GrahamD 06 Jul 2018
In reply to timjones:

At least the boulderers have a time advantage over everyone else as they don't need to bother putting a shirt on.  Trad climbers can pretend to be Alpinists.

In reply to Simon Caldwell:

> I'd be surprised if the pool didn't get covered over relatively soon

SNPA are apparently talking about a wire mesh cover:

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/disgraceful-party-goers-w...

dilatory 08 Jul 2018

On a serious note, these wankers are likely to cause access tensions. Might it have a knock on effect with the boulders lying nearby? Be a shame, the Wavelength circuit is one of the best. 

Mike Peacock 09 Jul 2018
In reply to dilatory:

Seems unlikely, surely? It's all designated as open access land.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...