UKC

One walk, North Wales, with collie

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Flinticus 22 Sep 2021

What would you recommend?

I will have one day to walk with my dog in late October. 

Been previously up Tryfan and across to Glyder Fach. Also Snowdon by Rhyd-Ddu route.

Not against another Snodown route or Tryfan. Loved the scrambling on Tryfan but I'll have my dog this time so nothing above a grade 1 would be ideal.

stubbed 22 Sep 2021
In reply to Flinticus:

Moel Siabod

jezb1 22 Sep 2021
In reply to Flinticus:

Pen yr Ole Wen via the East Ridge. Just about a scramble for one v small section, nice and quiet, lovely views on a good day, it’s ace.

Post edited at 15:10
 Chmusar 22 Sep 2021
In reply to Flinticus:

Just done a week in Snowdonia (me and the dog) and did the Nantlle Ridge on one of the days did the circular route 

http://www.gps-routes.co.uk/routes/home.nsf/RoutesLinksWalks/nantlle-ridge-...

Easy parking at  Rhyd Ddu and only saw one person on the route , couple of photos below

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xBAnixGmmzGaE25F6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/coPxLWWNB61ve6yA9

Dave the Rave 22 Sep 2021
In reply to Flinticus:

From the parking at the head of Llyn Ogwen, cross the road and go by some accommodation then over a stile beyond the farm. Follow the stream and boggy ground up to the wall. Stile or gate through the wall. Follow stream to the Llyn then head up the east shoulder of Pen yr Ole wen. Some minor scrambling. My collie does it. Summit then off to Carnedd Llewelyn then handrail the black ladders before going steep up to Llewelyn. Descend the east ridge to top of amphitheatre buttress. A minor slab of 5m at 45’ but east in the dry take care in the wet. Take the path down to the Llyn and water board track to A5. Turn right. 1 mile to car along the road. Lovely outing about 5 hrs.

In reply to Flinticus:

Cnicht, Moelwyn Mawr and Bach from Croesor. Rocky in places but nothing about grade 1. Done it with all our collies over the years.

OP Flinticus 24 Sep 2021
In reply to stubbed:

Thanks. Fits the bill perfectly. Looking forward to it.

OP Flinticus 24 Sep 2021
In reply to Flinticus:

All the others look great too. If I can wrangle a second day...or perhaps next visit 

stubbed 24 Sep 2021
In reply to Flinticus:

Great. If your dog struggles, please encourage him by telling him that even my children scrambled up the ridge. But also you can walk to the top if needed. Plus good views on a clear day, it's a lovely walk.

stubbed 24 Sep 2021
In reply to Deleated bagger:

I did part of this at the weekend, lovely walk. Views of the sea the whole way

OP Flinticus 27 Oct 2021
In reply to stubbed:

She handled it well. Perhaps too confident! 

We ascended via the Daear Ddu scramble and returned along the rocky ridge keeping high and the edge close on the right for additional scrambling. 

Post edited at 12:08

In reply to jezb1:

Shhh! Don't tell everyone 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...