UKC

Paying parking at pen y pass

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 llanberis36 28 Dec 2022

How on earth does one pay online for parking a day before 

has anyone managed this

can put in day and time but nowhere to confirm or pay 

cheers

LucaC 28 Dec 2022
In reply to llanberis36:

It's currently pay and display for the winter. 

FreeloaderJoe 03 Jan 2023
In reply to LucaC:

Any ideas what the charges are @LucaC? It's all quite unclear online.

Neil Williams 03 Jan 2023
In reply to FreeloaderJoe:

At Pen y Pass it was about 10-12 quid when I last looked.  I seem to recall it's card only.  Still fills up early though.  The laybys at the bottom are cheaper, perhaps a fiver?  I forget if they're cash, card or both.

gethin_allen 03 Jan 2023
In reply to Neil Williams:

That seems quite cheap to PyP, the app says it's £18 for 8 hrs. We tried to book it for yesterday using the app but it just said there were no spaces available so we assumed we were too late and it was full and went elsewhere.

Found plenty of parking over in Ogwen even arriving after 9 although returning at around 3 pm there were cars everywhere, blocking the pavement and even parking where there were solid white lines. No parking wardens it seems as there were no tickets issued.

Neil Williams 03 Jan 2023
In reply to gethin_allen:

It is cheaper pay and display in winter than when booked in summer.  It was either £10 or £12 about a month ago.

rockcatch 04 Jan 2023
In reply to gethin_allen:

> That seems quite cheap to PyP, the app says it's £18 for 8 hrs. We tried to book it for yesterday using the app but it just said there were no spaces available so we assumed we were too late and it was full and went elsewhere.

I think that’s because you can’t book spaces over winter - it is first to arrive gets the spaces. Rather than the app explain that it just says there are no spaces to book. 

echo34 04 Jan 2023

It’s £10 for a day until 23:59 in the winter and if you arrive after 1800 for the yha it’s £10 until 0830 the next morning

In reply to llanberis36:

Out of interest, does anyone know when the parking stops being winter rules and go back to advance booking?

ianstevens 04 Jan 2023

Lay-bys are free, if you can find space amongst the 2 poorly parked sprinter vans. The park and ride/field in Nant Peris is £5.

Neil Williams 04 Jan 2023
In reply to ianstevens:

Depends which ones, the ones by the Pen y Gwyrd are about £5.

Denni 04 Jan 2023
In reply to llanberis36:

Tried to pay in December online but seemed fully booked for a couple of weeks. Just used the Sherpa from Llanberis which meant getting on the hill later.

Was going to use the Nant Peris one, glad we didn’t as the queue was massive and some folk were waiting 2 hours.

rockcatch 04 Jan 2023
In reply to Somerset swede basher:

> Out of interest, does anyone know when the parking stops being winter rules and go back to advance booking?

I think it was around Easter to October that the booking system was in use this year. 

ianstevens 04 Jan 2023

Not on the Conwy side they aren't

TobyA 04 Jan 2023

> The laybys at the bottom are cheaper, perhaps a fiver?  I forget if they're cash, card or both.

If you mean to the east by the hotel where you turn to go up to Pen y Pass, if you cross the county line - about 200 mtrs further towards Capel Curig it's free.

Neil Williams 04 Jan 2023
In reply to TobyA:

Yeah I mean there.  Useful to know, thanks, I've only use the P&D ones.

TobyA 04 Jan 2023

It was free by the junction until 2 or 3 years back - annoying when they changed it but understandable from summer I guess. In recent years I've main gone in winter, and try to be parked by 8 am so have never had a problem getting spaces there, or in the proper free parking in Ogwen. But I've seen the crazy pictures from summer too! 

jim jones 04 Jan 2023

Machines by PyG parking are cash only. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...