UKC

Rhinog Traverse Parking

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Street 13 Apr 2017
Me and the missus are planning on doing a traverse of the Rhinogs over the next few days. We were going to start in Barmouth, get the train up to Talsarnau then walk back, however I was wondering where the best place to park for a day or so in Barmouth is? I've checked the main car parks but they say up to 24hrs, I've never been there before so I've go no idea!
 Biff0r 26 Apr 2017
In reply to Street:
We have parked in a large layby about 1/2 mile before you get into Barmouth on ther A496 (cords: 52°43'19.0"N 4°02'27.9"W) it is about 15-20 mins walk into Barmouth. We have also parked at one of the campsites for 2 days just as a car (was a Welsh name near Sunnyside site) cost us £10
 lone 26 Apr 2017
In reply to Street:

There's parking at SH 62248 15761 which is a small lay-by next to the main road in Barmouth, I've left the car there many times before for 2 days or more, and you can end your traverse by coming down through the woods (Orielton Woods) straight to the car.

There's also the Panorama Carpark as well which is at SH 62488 16597. You can get down to this road from the hillside Radio mast below Bwlch y Llan above Barmouth.

Jason
OP Street 15 May 2017
In reply to Street:

Thanks, that's a great help! We're planning to get it done this weekend now as things got in the way last time and we never got around to it.
 dobby 200 15 May 2017
In reply to Street:

Park in the Morfa Mawddach station car park, it is free. Then you can get the train to your start point and walk accross the spectacular barmouth bridge at the end of your walk. It says the bridge has a toll but has not been taken for years.
OP Street 16 May 2017
In reply to dobby 200:

Morfa Mawddach was my other option actually. I'll hopefully be there early so I imagine it shouldn't be too busy.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...