UKC

Road to Fannich Lodge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Guy Hurst 14 May 2018

I'm hoping somebody has walked or cycled up to Fannich Lodge in recent times and can tell me what the state of the road is. It's just that I'm wondering whether my old hybrid bike, without shocks, would be ok, or if I need to carry out some pretty extensive repairs to my mountain bike. I've read that some or even most of the road is tarmac, but no definite reports of how long or how poor the rest is.

Andy Nisbet 14 May 2018
In reply to Guy Hurst:

It's tarmac up to nearly the loch. I'm not sure after that, as I haven't been, but I doubt it is.

DH3631 14 May 2018
In reply to Guy Hurst:

Cycled up to the lodge around 3 years ago. The road was good tarmac up to around the point where it meets the loch, then there was a stretch of maybe 1km which was distinctly worse (IIRC still old metalled road but in very bad condition with potholes / grit), than the remainder to the lodge was good tarmac again. We had mountain bikes which were fine, a hybrid might be ok if it doesn't have very skinny tyres and you're careful. However, even if you end up pushing the bike all of the rough bit, it would still be well worth taking the bike, time-wise.

abbeywall 14 May 2018
In reply to Guy Hurst:

I think you would be ok.  Was in a week ago and the non tarmac bit was probably better than most of the roads in Scotland. Great run out.  

OP Guy Hurst 15 May 2018
In reply to abbeywall:

Thanks for that. The hybrid has put up with some pretty poor minor roads/tracks near where I live, so it sounds as if it should do the job.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...