UKC

Sleep is important!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Flinticus 24 Sep 2022

Plans, plans...for a camp on a hill tonight but a very poor sleep last night has me well tired already at noon.

All the gear but brain barely awake. Damn, will need to make do without the camp and hope I can get in a short walk with this perfect weather.

broken spectre 24 Sep 2022
In reply to Flinticus:

Can you get a coffee? Where are you?

CantClimbTom 24 Sep 2022
In reply to Flinticus:

While I don't endorse Red Bull and its copies as being especially healthy, as a one off - or two off  (unless you have some medical issue with caffeine, in which case avoid) you should try a can of it now and take a can with you, and then stick to your "Plan A" 

OP Flinticus 24 Sep 2022
In reply to broken spectre:

Had three already! Still feel like a zombie

My wife has bad asthma and is undergoing a nighttime coughing period so interrupted sleep.

The Norris 24 Sep 2022
In reply to Flinticus:

A quick 30 minute nap? 

Tho I have noticed this can be almost fatal for some, but always sorts me out.

OP Flinticus 24 Sep 2022
In reply to The Norris:

Thanks for the reply. Usually bad for me!

I've since decided a few hours walking with my wife and dog will be fine. We're not far from a heather covered moor. My camping plans till next weekend and hope for good weather (and sleep)

J72 24 Sep 2022
In reply to Flinticus:

I’d just go for it- usually when I go camping I’ve a dead early start to get from east of Scotland up north - usually get  my little sleep and then up at 4am - it helps make sleeping in miserable conditions easier, when you’re so tired at the start! 

peppermill 24 Sep 2022
In reply to Flinticus:

> Plans, plans...for a camp on a hill tonight but a very poor sleep last night has me well tired already at noon.

> All the gear but brain barely awake. Damn, will need to make do without the camp and hope I can get in a short walk with this perfect weather.

Pffft.

Sleeping's cheating as the A&E nurses say....

Only joking, the only remedy I find for a poor or zero night's sleep is to just not think about it and bash on. Usually feel fine by mid afternoon if I've forgotten about it, if that makes sense!

The more you think "Oh I've not slept oh no I feel terrible" the worse you'll feel! Promise!

Post edited at 16:48
OP Flinticus 24 Sep 2022
In reply to J72:

It can do and I've used that philosophy before. 

Feels like another level of tiredness though . Also just back from a short holiday with poor nights sleep as the mattress was a soft foam marshmallow and I hate those kinda mattresses. Too hot and not comfortable for me.

This local walk did me OK.

J72 24 Sep 2022
In reply to Flinticus:

Good to know your own limits and preferences - glad you had a good one regardless 

OP Flinticus 25 Sep 2022
In reply to J72:

Thanks. 

I got a good sleep last night. Up at 9.40am!! Awake enough then to take my longboard out for more practice. 

fmck 26 Sep 2022
In reply to Flinticus:

Oddly enough I seem to work on little sleep. 5am is the latest I get up and 2am usually the earliest. Got up 2am Saturday and did some work in my daughters room refurb. Lit the wood burner  then off for 7am ferry to Arran for a day in the hills. Not always been like this and concerns the wife. To be honest I enjoy my morning time when its silent and dont feel tired until 10pm. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...