UKC

snowdon in march

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
mikey bryan 09 Jan 2013
im planning a trip up snowdon on the 2nd march and wonderedif i would need crampons and other winter walking equipment or will i be ok with good walking boots and treking poles.

thanks
mike
 annieman 09 Jan 2013
In reply to mikey bryan: Probably. Better to have them and not need them than the alternative.
Robin
 Banned User 77 09 Jan 2013
In reply to mikey bryan: Could be anything.. and it changes so fast.. you often can go up without but there is also plenty of other hills in the area if not..
In reply to mikey bryan: ask again on the 1st!
In reply to mikey bryan: In April a few years ago I climbed Snowdon by the Snowdon Ranger path and descended on the Llanberis path (thanks to a cooperative husband who gave me a lift and looked after the kids for the day!). It was a fantastic day out but looking back on it now, I should have had crampons on for the top. As it was, I dropped my water bottle which accelerated away on the ice never to be seen again, and I had to get my compass out to check the descent route while a hailstorm came over. So, in short, be prepared for anything!
In reply to Vanessa Simmons:
> (In reply to mikey bryan) In April a few years ago I WALKED UP Snowdon by the Snowdon Ranger path and descended on the Llanberis path

Fixed that for you - don't want people getting the wrong idea about the difficulty of the welsh footpaths!
In reply to higherclimbingwales: Lol! I'm showing my age! (When I was a kid, hills were for climbing and canal towpaths were for walking)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...