UKC

Snowdon/Ogwen

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Leebarker 16 May 2012
Any suggestions where would be a good place to set up a safe abseil for a small number of 1st timers. Some friends would like to try a go but I am not too familiar with sencible locations, not looking to train commandos just give a taster. Am staying in Nant Peris so local to here would be ideal.

Whats your thoughts?
 jimjimjim 16 May 2012
In reply to Leebarker: Those little crags at the back of that campsite....not little tryfan but the one a bit futher along. Someone will know where i mean. Starter for ten anyway.
 climber34neil 17 May 2012
In reply to Leebarker: I would suggest the crags that come down towards the road from Dinas mot area towards the bridge at pont y cromlech , can't miss them and can walk up from nant peris
 colina 22 May 2012
In reply to Leebarker: london crag has got an insitu anchor on one of the routes which looks pretty solid .would obviusly need backing up but there are two good placements nearby.
ps this route is steep so may not be the best for a beginner but like joss said thee are plenty of others to go at .about a 10 minute walk to the crag from the car
 FrJ 23 May 2012
In reply to Leebarker:

Union Rock and Lion Rock at the other end of Llyn Padarn are both very easy to access, not too high and not too steep.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...