UKC

The best walking insoles

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 martinturner 16 Jan 2018

I’ve been starting to get abit of pain in my feet after walking for a few hours and couldn’t put my finger on why...

I’ve then come to clean and reproof them, removed the insole, and it’s pretty much rock solid! 

Anybody got any personal experience with walking insoles? I hear superfeet are good? Granger? Any other makes I should look at?

Welsh Kate 16 Jan 2018
In reply to martinturner:

It's probably quite a personal thing - but I prefer Sole to Superfeet. I got my first pair in George Fisher, but they're now available online too. 

You can mould them to your own feet but I've never bothered; like Superfeet you get a 'money back if you're not satisfied' guarantee, so both are worth trying.

GrahamD 17 Jan 2018

As Kate says, its personal to you.  I prefer super feet greens.  Interestingly they aren't particularly soft to the touch.

yorkshire_lad2 17 Jan 2018

If you're close by, go and have a look at Whalley Warm & Dry (everything from off-the-peg insoles to full custom made ones).  I know someone that got some custom made insoles and has never looked back: won't put boots down now whereas previously could barely walk more than 5 miles.  The custom made insoles are not cheap but as someone pointed out you could easily spend the same amount on physio....

Whalley Warm & Dry: https://www.whalleyoutdoor.co.uk/

(I have no connection with WW&D except as a happy customer)

GreatApe 17 Jan 2018
In reply to GrahamD:

I have the same old, hard green superfeet, but the new ones have more cushioning.

Steve Perry 17 Jan 2018

Custom moulded Superfeet are expensive but brilliant. I have two sets, one for outdoor stuff and one for work boots. Super comfy.

top cat 17 Jan 2018

Sole have a higher arch than Superfeet, so they are better for me.  However, I use both. [Go figure!]

Bob Kemp 17 Jan 2018

From my experience it looks like the match of feet and insoles is a very personal thing. I used green Superfeet for years, had to replace them eventually and got a new apparently identical ppair, and got plantar fasciitis first time out. Doesn’t make sense, but I guess there was some subtle change in materials or design. Still looking for alternatives...

Rigid Raider 17 Jan 2018

Cyclists have the same problem, possibly worse thanks to the need for absolutely rigid soles and snug shoes. Specialized Body Geometry insoles come in thee levels of "depth" and are excellent. 

99ster 17 Jan 2018
In reply to yorkshire_lad2:

> If you're close by, go and have a look at Whalley Warm & Dry (everything from off-the-peg insoles to full custom made ones).  I know someone that got some custom made insoles and has never looked back: won't put boots down now whereas previously could barely walk more than 5 miles.  The custom made insoles are not cheap but as someone pointed out you could easily spend the same amount on physio....

> Whalley Warm & Dry: https://www.whalleyoutdoor.co.uk/

> (I have no connection with WW&D except as a happy customer)

+100 highly recommended!

womblingfree 17 Jan 2018

Grangers turned my painful, pig ugly Meindl Bhutans into lovely comfy boots

Cheap ish and I pick up a new pair before every long distance multi day walk

Still struggle with the quality on insoles on a product that costs best part of 200£

Phil1919 19 Jan 2018

I'm a long term user of Sorbothane footbeds. Always been happy with them. Never wear any shoe without them.

TheAtrociousSnowman 19 Jan 2018

We have used 'Sidas' insoles for years without any problems. They are good, the ones with the arch-support piece that is, but it was only the price compared to superfeet that made us buy this brand in particular. I have tried Sorbothane insoles in the past but the thickness of them reduced the volume of my boots too much to be successful - perhaps they have thinner options?

KevinJ 19 Jan 2018
In reply to TheAtrociousSnowman:

I also like the Sidas inners.  I got fitted for them at Whalley Outdoor.  Another vote for them as a good independent supplier of them.

Also have a range of Superfeet, but prefer the Sidas.  For me, they just feel better in the boot.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...