/ Advice on hiring & meeting people in font

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
L Lk1977 08 Oct 2019

Good morning,

I’m new to here so not sure I'm posting in the right place. We’re out in Paris & went to font yesterday, didn’t plan ahead & couldn’t hire a mat. We’re off out there again on Friday so I was hoping we could get some advice on the best place to hire from, as it seems that most are hostels that only hire to residence.

Also, if anyone knows of a group we could tag into, or how to make contact with anyone there, that would be awesome! There’s only 2 of us. I’m not overly experienced on the outdoor front but my friend, Laura is more so.

Any advice would be warmly welcomed please. Many thanks ;) 

Post edited at 08:53
Adrien 08 Oct 2019
In reply to Lk1977:

I can think of three non-hostel places that rent pads:

-the pizza place in Arbonne-la-Forêt, near the roundabout, usually has a large red 4WD parked in front

-the Karma climbing gym just outside Fontainebleau

-the S'cape gear shop in Fontainebleau

As for meeting up with people, it should be pretty easy at the moment seeing as the place is rammed! It will be even easier if you speak German or Dutch. Just go to one of the honeypot areas (Roche aux Sabots, Cuvier, Isatis, Éléphant...) and you'll be sure to meet people, even more so on weekends. I'd say most climbers are easygoing and happy to give a spot and share beta.

L Lk1977 08 Oct 2019
In reply to Adrien:

Brilliant!! Thanks for this info Adrien, you’re a legend!!  

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.