/ American student seeking alpine rock partner

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
L jameswolff 06 Nov 2019

Hey folks. I'm a student attending school in Berlin this winter/spring and am hoping to connect with some outdoor minded folks who like to take on big days in the mountains.

I'll be traveling Europe to climb from mid May through August (maybe beyond?) and am looking to find some partners for alpine rock objectives. I'm an experienced alpine rock climber with a background in mountain ultra running and have got all the basic snow travel skills/experience. I'm a competent leader—sport to 6a (5.11a/b), trad to 5c (5.10b). I'm also trained in wilderness medicine and have ~3 years experience working in the emergency room and on ambulances. Competent in self/partner rescue and emergency situations. 

I'll have personal gear but wont be hauling a rope/rack with me. I'm particularly interested in big days in alpine style, and am willing to go where the weather/climbing is good. If this is of interest, let me know and I'd love to get some trips brainstormed.

(Side note: I know there isn't much for outdoor climbing in/around Berlin as far as I'm aware, but if anyone has info on good gyms/training or is interested in connecting, I'd love to meet some locals!)

Cheers

L jameswolff 01:53 Wed
In reply to jameswolff:

Bump?

McHeath 06:09 Wed
In reply to jameswolff:

You have mail ;)

L jameswolff 06:33 Wed
In reply to McHeath:

Got it, and responded.

Cheers!

brunoschull 12:22 Wed
In reply to jameswolff:

Hi James, I sent you a PM. Get in touch if you're interested!

elsewhere 13:46 Wed
In reply to jameswolff:

Join German Alpine Club (DAV) which is very active generally. They have some unique outdoor climbing in Berlin...

Berlin Bunker

Sächsische Schweiz? 

L jameswolff 19:05 Wed
In reply to brunoschull:

Hey, I'm typing a response now!

Cheers!

L jameswolff 19:06 Wed
In reply to elsewhere:

I'll check this out, thank you!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.