Loading Notifications...

Avon Gorge climbing partner

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Tim Stainforth 17 Sep 2020

Hi all I am new to UKC website, but have family members who regularly post. I am a fairly experienced trad climber who is looking to do some of the hard vs type grades and I'm new to the Bristol area and was looking to go climbing on Friday if possible. Is anyone keen to take a chance I assure you I have my climbing harness five ten shoes and chalk bag, unfortunately  my climbing gear including full rack is in Jersey channel islands where I last lived. Meaning I would have to climb on someone's ropes and and happy to lead if someone is willing to to take someone on their word and use their CAM or nuts. It would be most sensible though to meet at the crag first be shown the route and have the other person who knows the route to do the leading. This is also because it is your gear and I would not want to to get anything jammed  drop/lose and then have to replace, not that this has happened before. I was very fortunate to start climbing with my father at an early age of 4 and have had the privilege of climbing in many places in the USA hey where I lived for 14 years such as Joshua tree multiple times Yosemite Meadows which is the top part of the national Park, where I have done some multi pitch climbing such as cathedral peak and others.

I have been going to the gym and can climb harder lead hvs competently in my opinion. I have led a lot harder climbs in America such as some of the famous 5.11s, but as I may potentially be going out with a new climber I would like to to just experienced a nice easy 3-star or 2 Star route and get a feel for Avon gorge. 

If anyone is interested I can meet you at the gorge or pick you up as I drive. Please feel free to email me tstain88@gmail.com, I will be in the Bristol area for some time so I will be rejoining the the cathedral climbing gym and I'm going to redpoint in the morning to do some of the auto-belays and bouldering. I have my BMC membership for insurance. I am no means a a expert climber but I have had a lot of experience trad and sport climbing in many different places from an early age and was fortunate enough to be shown by people who always put safety first.

Kind regards Tim Stainforth Avon Gorge (Main Area) Avon Gorge (Main Area) Avon Gorge (Suspension Bridge Area)

In reply to Tim Stainforth:

You've got mail.

Tim Stainforth 17 Sep 2020
In reply to Tim Stainforth:

Thanks everyone I have sorted out my climbing for tomorrow thank you so much for the replies. All the best and safe climbing.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.