UKC

/ Chamonix: 16 - 23 August

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
chris687 - on 06 Jul 2018

I have a week off and I'll be in chamonix without a plan. If anyone fancies getting out it would be great. 

Obviously we'd need to come up with realistic routes being new partners etc. I haven't put much thought in to these but just to give an idea of what I'm thinking of if we are moving well after an outing or 2:

Grutter ridge on the pelerins

Aig noire de peutery (I have a car)

Cheers all

Misha - on 06 Jul 2018
In reply to chris687:

Do you mean S Ridge or normal route on the Peuterey? The latter is the biggest pile or choss ever. Wouldn’t recommend it at all but you do need to do it in descent after the SR (which is nice enough for most of the way up). 

chris687 - on 07 Jul 2018
In reply to Misha:

Yeah the south ridge. I have heard that the normal route is chossy before, but thanks for the heads up. Really I'd like to do the integral, but it's not that realistic for a team who don't know one another. 

Misha - on 07 Jul 2018
In reply to chris687:

SR is worth doing but the descent down the normal route is not pleasant. You can ab a bit of it but have to down climb most of it (we mostly soloed). Route finding isn’t always obvious on the way up or down so do your research. 

chris687 - on 07 Jul 2018
In reply to Misha:

Thanks Misha, are you going to be out there at all?

Misha - on 08 Jul 2018
In reply to chris687:

Probably around that time but not necessarily in Cham and have people to climb with. 

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.