/ chamonix Mont blanc gouter 18 sept

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Aaron baxter 02 Sep 2019

looking for a rope to join for the glacial a top the gouter. I'm booked in for the 18th sept at gouter and tete rousse the night before..?

can do kiwi coils and 6:1 pulley for crevasse rescue. I'm going alone on the off chance there's a weather window and I can join a rope to summit.??

I'm there from the 8th on a 5 day improver course also free from the 13th in chamonix for another week to do some alpining if anyone's keen

Pero 03 Sep 2019
In reply to Aaron baxter:

I'm not sure how much Alpinism will still be possible around Chamonix by then.  That's late season in what has been a hot, relatively dry summer.  Check out:

http://www.alpine-club.org.uk/ac2/news/chamonix-condtions

Mont Blanc, I imagine, should still be fine.

Aaron baxter 03 Sep 2019
In reply to Pero:

thanks for that information pero!! maybe i could just do some sport climbing there then after my course or hike up to tete rousse and the gouter and see if I can join a rope if weather still stable. I'l check in maison de la montagne a couple of days before.

can always retreat :p

Joe325 11 Sep 2019
In reply to Aaron baxter:

Hi Aaron, I'll be in Chamonix 13th-18th rock climbing with a friend but, poss could go and do Gouter route then if conditions are good. I'll PM you my number. 

Aaron baxter 10:03 Sat
In reply to Joe325:

hi I'm still in chamonix but don't have phone reception il try add u on whatsapp weather is great here at the moment did some climbing up brevent and couillon. leading 5c is about my limit I'm not so good but it's great fun. still have the gouter booked for Wednesday..!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.