UKC

/ Climbing North Wales next week

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Kelly Evans - on 06 Jul 2018

Hello,

I am a MIA (Mountaineering Instructor Award) trainee who is looking for two people to take trad climbing or scrambling to practice my skill with next week. 9th, 10th, 11th & 12th July in North Wales. 

I would be happy to tailor the day to the level you are currently at. If you’re interested, unsure of your suitability or have any questions please get in touch. My email is kevans88@hotmail.co.uk or message me through here. 

As a trainee there are two important  points I need to make you aware of, please read the two statements below: 

1) As an MIA trainee I do not, as yet, hold the Mountain Instructor Award which is the recognised qualification for the instruction of scrambling and multi-pitch rock climbing in the UK.  I've undergone the training course, but training for an award does not constitute a qualification.  The term aspirant should not be used as a level of competency for multi-pitch climbing has not been assessed.

2) I do not hold insurance that allows me to receive payment or benefits in kind for instruction, but as a volunteer with membership of a mountaineering council of the UK or Eire I am insured for third part liability. These topics will need to be discussed in detail and agreed before an activity is conducted.

Thanks

Kelly

Ted44 - on 07 Jul 2018
In reply to Kelly Evans:

Hello Kelly,  I would count myself fortunate to do any / all of 10/11/12.

See email.   Ted

LJJ77 on 09 Jul 2018
In reply to Kelly Evans:

I have sent a PM

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.