/ Climbing partner - Hexham area

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
iainsanderson - on 16 Mar 2019

Hi,

I moved to the Hexham area from Sheffield last year and I'm looking for a partner / pool of people for getting out in the local area. I have a day off work during the week some weeks, could also do evenings, and could probably do a few days at weekends.

Been climbing nearly 5 years and most of it has been on grit or in the Lakes, mainly short and long trad, some sport, not so much bouldering. Generally comfortable operating at VS/HVS but always looking to get better and happy to climb regardless of grade if it's a good day out.

I've got a rack, a car, and a vacuum flask.

Iain

MJTheobald97 - on 17 Mar 2019
In reply to iainsanderson:

Hi Iain, 

I'm living in Newcastle atm and i've been climbing all my life but still always keen to get out and i'm also climbing at VS/HVS give me a text if you're interested on 07388026497.

Matt 

L conrossmac - on 19 Mar 2019

Hi Both,

Im from Prudhoe, work in Hexham...but now live in Burnopfield (30 min from Hexham, 20 minutes from Newcastle). Spent about a year bouldering in Byker a few years back but havent gone much in the past 2 years or so.

Looking to get back into it and experience more outdoor climbing this summer - Ill be heading to Causey quarry over the next few weeks to do some bouldering. Id be very keen to tag along if you are heading anywhere. 07592537935.

Lemony - on 19 Mar 2019

Hi,
If you're interested there's a couple of active clubs in the area. I'm in the NMC and we get out every (dry) wednesday through the summer (and to the wall the rest of the time) plus weekend meets and lots of opportunities to get out with folk away from the regular meets. 

It's very friendly and welcoming and there's a wide range of abilities. There's a fair few members out in the Tyne valley.

I you're interested then check out the website (http://thenmc.org.uk/) or take a look at NMC Chat on Facebook.

Post edited at 19:24

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.