UKC

/ Climbing partner Croatia Hvar korcula summer 2018

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Jessicacrump - on 02 May 2018

Hi, 

l’m living in Croatia over summer on the island korcula. Beginning of June until the end of October. 

I am a experienced climber with kit looking for a partner on the island or the Next island Hvar (short ferry trip for me) that has loads of climbing! 

I can usually on site 6as to give you an idea of grades. Happy to climb whatever though. Have climbed for over 6 years all over Europe (including Croatia).

Please get in touch if you are near the area and would like to climb together

Thanks 

Jess 

kirsten on 02 May 2018
In reply to Jessicacrump: I’d be up for something if I can extend my trip in the second half of June, otherwise I probably won’t get past Paklenica. 

silhouette - on 04 May 2018
In reply to Jessicacrump: Could you give us an idea of what the crags are on both islands these days please? What I'm thinking about is too strong sun. I have the 2004 Cujic guide and it has nothing at all on Korcula; and on Hvar, only one of the four crags it profiles faces north. Sulpla Sitina could be possible by dipping in the sea between climbs. Of course in 14 years a lot could have changed. Cheers because I could be interested. Roger

SGD - on 04 May 2018
In reply to silhouette:

We did some trad climbing and bouldering on Korcula about 11 years ago as there was no bolted routes back then (to our knowledge)??

Would be interested to know if anyone has opened some of those big cliffs up yet??

Jessicacrump - on 30 May 2018
In reply to SGD:

Yes there is loads of bolted routes on Hvar island. I have the latest guidebook. 

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Thanks 

Jess

L michellemichelle on 03 Jun 2018
In reply to Jessicacrump:

Hi Jess - I'm thinking of heading that way in late July / early August. Can onsight around 6a+/6b, have been climbing for about 2.5 years in Australia. Let me know if you're interested

Tom Blake - on 04 Jun 2018
In reply to michellemichelle:

Hi Jess/Michelle, 

I'll be in Slovenia at the end of July with no plans in place through August. I have a vehicle and usually o/s 6b/+. Would be keen to climb in Slovenia/Croatia before I head West in late summer. 

Tom

L Andrenoro - on 05 Jun 2018

Hello Jessica, 

I'm a climber from Lisbon, also have all my gear and climb up to 6b. I'm staying in brac. Let me know if you want to climb  

Talk soon, 

André 

Post edited at 10:01
Mattia - on 08 Jun 2018

Hello Jessica,

Sent you a message/mail.

Mattia

Mattia - on 08 Jun 2018
In reply to Andrenoro:

Hello Andre,

I'm arriving in Split tonight. Let me know if you wanna climb or explore some local crags.

Mattia

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.