UKC

Climbing Partner Wanted: South-East, Buckinghamshire

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.

I'm looking for a regular training partner with serious commitment to hit the gym twice a week and with potential weekly/ bi-weekly trips to go trad climbing.  

I climb mostly in MK Big Rock Bond & Hub.

About Me

Based in Aylesbury, Bucks.

Love climbing long multi-pitch trad lines, Scottish Winter and big-day alpine routes.

Climbing 6a+, HVS, AD+, Scottish Winter V.

FYI, I'm a photographer. I hope you're comfortable on film. 

In reply to Alexander_Metcalfe:

If you're not already have you considered joining MKMC?

maxsmith 23 Apr 2021
In reply to Neil Williams:

I'm biased (since I'm in the club!) but we have some great trips away and members are always planning day trips/random weekends in the hills.  Camping and hut meets should also be opening up again soon assuming the May 17 lockdown easing happens as forecast.

I'm also based in Aylesbury and looking for a climbing buddy.  I climb quite a bit at big rock. I top rope and lead but only really just getting in to the outdoor stuff. Love the idea of multi-pitch climbing. 

I would struggle with those levels of commitment.  I work full time and have a young daughter. If you fancy something more casual I'm anyways up for a climb and would love to get some progression. 

In reply to Neil Williams:

I hadn't Neil. I'm part of the Aylesbury Climbing Club, but will check out the MKMC thanks. 

> I hadn't Neil. I'm part of the Aylesbury Climbing Club, but will check out the MKMC thanks.

They're a nice bunch.  I'm technically a member though very rarely get round to doing stuff with them, though they do (in normal times) climb at Big Rock frequently.

In reply to garethjackwright:

Hey Gareth, 

If you're looking for partner you can probably find one at MKMC or with the Aylesbury Climbing Club. Membership secretary is Olly. You can find more out here: http://www.acc.org.uk.

Yes, I'd be up for a climb. Drop me a DM and we'll arrange a time to go climbing. 

In reply to maxsmith:

Hey Max, 

Of course, one is naturally biased to their own club

We should do a joint club meet.

How feasible this is in the huts with COVID restrictions still in place I don't know. 

Hi Alex,

I’m about an hour away from you and climb at Reading Wall pretty regularly. I try to get out for day trips most weekends (usually Swanage or Wye as they’re both under 2 hours for me) and further afield every couple of months. 

Pretty much like everything (Trad, Sport, Aid, Scottish Winter, Alps) and climb similar grades (logbooks up to date). 

Hoping to climb more Sport this season to push my grade as I’ve been wallowing at VS/HVS for about 10 years!

Always looking for more partners if you’re keen to get out.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...