UKC

/ Climbing partners central Scotland

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Devonr28 - on 11 Jul 2018

Hi folks

Based in Falkirk and looking for partners for local and further afield climbing . Been on and off climbing indoor for a few years but fairly new to outdoor trad climbing. Spent 5 days in the northwest Scotland doing a bunch of routes in May, seconding up to VS and a bit of leading at Severe. I have a 60m single rope and a full rack minus cams. 

Zubriggins - on 14 Jul 2018
In reply to Devonr28:

Hi I live in Stirling and always looking for partners.

I have more than enough gear, car etc, I've been climbing for more than 20 years. Just moved to area and looking to make some friends.

Get in contact whenever you like.

Nick

doz on 16 Jul 2018
In reply to Devonr28:

hi to you both - I'm in Aberdeenshire - looking to get out more than current partners allow - give me a shout if happy to climb with an old git!

Stuart en Écosse - on 16 Jul 2018
In reply to Devonr28:

There are a few clubs around and also a FB group called the Central Belt Trad Collective.

lex - on 17 Jul 2018
In reply to Stuart en Écosse:

i all, looking to get out cragging near(ish) Glasgow on Wednesday evening and ideally out in the hills on Thursday day. I had thought The Cobbler would be good for Thursday, but totally open to suggestions for either day. Looking to climb around VS. Have ropes, rack and a relaxed attitude... Cheers, Lex

HarrisonConnie1996 - on 17 Jul 2018
In reply to Devonr28:

Hi there, 

Glasgow based and always looking for folk to climb with. 

Got a rack, ropes but no transport. Climbing about HS/VS.

looking to get out on more multi pitch, give me a shout.

Subseaclimber - on 18 Jul 2018
In reply to Devonr28:

I'm also looking for partners, I'm based in Glasgow, been indoor climbing around 2 years, got a rack got a 60m rope can travel. Looking to get more experience doing trad. Have lead up to D.  Also Into winter climbing. 

Give me a shout on 07712671612 or here 

Mark123 - on 19 Jul 2018
In reply to Devonr28:

I'll throw my helmet into the ring as well! Dunblane based, been climbing on and off for 30 years. Nowadays I lead S/HS on a good day but hoping to get back to harder grades. Last week, on a tight rope I unexpectedly got up a E1, 5b at Cambusbaron quarry. Car, rope and full rack. 07876112282 if anyone ever interested in a climb.

Bobs Burger - on 08 Aug 2018
In reply to Mark123:

i m having a hard time finding partners for my vacation 18 aug to 18 sep  i saw this  chain of post and figureed id tried. On my must do list old man of hoy 1,2,3 or 4 sept. But willing to climb any other thing. I climb trad up to 6a E2 and boulder, sport harder.

interested ?

cheers

Post edited at 10:31
Mark123 - on 08 Aug 2018
In reply to Bobs Burger:

thanks Bobs, I'll be climbing in Kyrgyzstan on these dates, otherwise I might have been interested.

Hope all goes well with getting sorted with a partner and decent weather for the Old Man of Hoy.  It's on my wish list - but unfortunately I could never lead it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.